“Overall, excellent, with a single "but" . . .”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
nhodge
San Francisco, California
“Overall, excellent, with a single "but" . . .”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Overall, this apartment was great. For those not familiar with Florence, the location is excellent; it is about a five minute walk to the primary sights in the city center. It is maybe a 10 minute walk to a nearby grocery store, and 10 minutes to the main train station.

The initial rental process was completely straightforward. The web sites used buy Windows On Italy were well designed and seemed to work just fine. When we got there, the check-in process was painless. Our contact was friendly, on time (in fact, he met us quite early in the day), and spoke more-than-sufficient english.

There is not too much to say about the property in general. It is pretty much just as advertised. As a American, I found it neat to stay in such an old building. I was also mesmerized by the high-security door, which appeared to be a vestige of an earlier time, as I saw nothing in the neighborhood that would warrant such high security. The apartment was very clean when we got there. The refrigerator was great, and all of the kitchen appliances worked as expected. Also, the kitchen was well stocked with basic tools for home food preparation. The bathrooms were well designed and well executed. I was relegated to the sofa bed, which was a bit soft for me, but was actually quite comfortable for sleeping in the closed configuration. The WiFi worked flawlessly, and was fast.

The only serious problem with the apartment was that the A/C did not work at all. Our contact was nice enough to bring us some oscillating fans, which helped a bit. But given how hot it was the week we were there, it was not anywhere near sufficient. I am guessing that, much of the time, the temperature in the apartment was over 85F. I think it was the first time in my life that I took a 30 minute-long shower with only cold water.

Excluding the problem with the A/C, definitely a very nice rental!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pretty much everything.
Liked least: No air conditioning!!!
Traveling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 7, 2012
Thanks for your review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Terme Suite apartment and I will definitely take into consideration your comments about the air conditioning. I hope to hear from you again soon, Anna - Windows on Italy
MA
Reviewed July 7, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Jul 7, 2012
You are absolutely right: Air Conditioning is a must and it should work: we are working on it to avoid problems, especially in July and August.
NC
Reviewed May 2, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
May 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. Im glad you found everything you needed in the apartment.

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Italy
Reviewed May 1, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
May 1, 2012
Grazie molte per il commento e per i suggerimenti, specialmente in riguardo alla prontezza nel riparare eventuali guasti: abbiamo cercato di velocizzare le procedure.

Thanks a lot for your review and for your suggestion: we are trying to be quicker in fixing problems in apartments.
Florida, USA
Reviewed November 5, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to read how you enjoyed your time in Florence at the apartment. We really hope to hear from you again soon. Thanks Anna - Windows on Italy
Biella
Reviewed September 23, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Sep 23, 2011
Thanks! I am sorry to hear you found it difficult getting around Florence but it is not easy and any clients who tell us that they are driving here are always warned about this problem!!

Lou046
Las Vegas
“Outstanding location, wihin 5 minutes to the Dumo and the Ponte Vecchio.”
Reviewed March 1, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Our stay in Terme Suite was excellent. We stayed from mid-January to mid-February, weather cool but we expected that and dressed in layers. The apt. is within easy walking distance, 15 - 20 minutes, to just about any tourist site or popular plaza you can think of, and the S. M. Novella train station as well. It's less than 5 minutes to the Ponte Vecchio and, therefore, excellent access to the Oltrarno.  Right on the same street as the apartment and just about a 2-minute walk, is a great restaurant (Trattoria Nella) and a "mini-market" that carries just about every basic you would need, including wine and fresh vegetables - and almost the best bread we had in all of Florence!! There is a supermarket, Conad's, less
than a 10-minute walk across the Ponte Vecchio - turn left on the very first street after crossing the bridge and you can't miss it. Kitchen is well-stocked with dishes and utensils with adequate appliances and counter space.  Clothes washer is a bit small compared to what we are used to in the U.S. but certainly adequate; however, be advised, that a simple wash cycle takes approximately two hours, very different from the U. S., but you are in Italy enjoying the tourist sites, the lifestyle and the culture, so go with the flow!! No clothes dryer but a large, foldable clothes drying rack. It works just fine-overnight dry!!  There are TWO BATHROOMS, not one as listed, so this is very nice even if just two are staying there. When we were there, we got only one TV channel, English-speaking Euro-news. Horrible coverage, but adequate to keep up with basic world news. Elevator is a bit small so if you've got tons of luggage, you'll have to go one person at a time. Apt. is on the third floor. Steps are nice and wide, but not well-lighted, so take special care on them.  All in all, a wonderful stay and we give it the highest marks on all counts. Adrian and Allesandro, our contacts at Windows on Italy, were excellent, very personable and very responsive to our questions and needs. Look no further if you want a great place to stay for a week or a month in Florence.  It couldn't be better.

Some restaurants you won't want to miss . . . some close to the apartment, others maybe a 15 minute walk, but all are beyond excellent and very affordable.  1) Osteria del Porccellino at Via Val di Lamona, 7r and website www.osteriadelporcellino.it.  2)Trattoria Antico Fattore at Via Lambertesca, 1/3r and website www.anticofattore.it.com. 3) Amici di' Vecchio at Via de Bardi, 49r and website www.amicipontevecchio.com. 4) Tratorria Mario at Via Rosina, 2r and website www.trattoriamario.com - don't be put off by the crowds waiting outside to get in,  They move quickly and it is a MUST NOT MISS place for food and atmosphere. Have a great visit to Florence.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Rugged travelers
Feb 28, 2011
Thanks for this outstanding review!! This has to be one of the best so far!
I have passed your compliments onto Alessandro and Adrian!

I hope to hear from you again soon

Thanks

Anna - Windows on Italy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;