“Freshly made pasta drew us in, outstanding risotto”
Review of Taverna De' Neri - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We found this place while exploring the neighborhood on the way to Santa Croce. We noted the freshly made pasta on display in front, but it was not dinner time, and we did not plan on stopping. However, we found our originally planned restaurant was closed Monday, so we returned to this place. Our server spoke excellent english, and we enjoyed discussing the various dishes before ordering. We were very happy with it, especially the outstanding risotto. Yes, they cater to tourists, but the dishes we had were well prepared, and the ambience was nice.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

My wife and I ate at Taverne De' Neri for a lunch while in Florence. The location is ideal and it is a great little place to sit and watch the crowds go by. The pasta dishes were very basic but also very delicious and fresh. The service was slow but being from New York we were prepared for slower service abroad. It was a good place for an inexpensive lunch or quick bite while out touring Florence.

1  Thank rhtrips333
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We ate here for lunch, just spotted it as we were wandering through the backstreets. I had the brushcetta and then a vegetable pizza for main. My boyfriend had the tourist menu which was a deal thing, he had lasagne and then pork and chips. We both enjoyed our food - the bruschetta was really good! Pizza was average. It was relaly good value, 24 euros for 2 starters and mains plus drinks. Would recommend eating here as it's a really nice atmosphere, staff were really friendly and food was good and was great value.

Reviewed February 27, 2010

We decided to to spend a week in Florence, to truly experience the Italian atmosphere. When entering this restaurant with our two kids, we instantly felt at home and at ease. Warm setting, very friendly staff, excellent food. Not haute-cuisine, but if you really want to taste Italy, visit Taverna de' Neri!!!

Reviewed September 17, 2009

Had read reviews before and thought I would check it out while in Firenze. I had wanted to try the Bistecca Fiorentino, but as a solo diner on this trip, didn't want a meal for two as most places insist on. After speaking with the server, I was told they will do the steak for a minimum of 6 grams at 4 euros per gram, or 24 euros. The steak was very good, a traditional porterhouse cut, though, after tasting it, I'm not sure the steak back home isn't as good. My steak wasn't terribly tender in many spots on the strip steak side, but the tenderloin side was very tender, as expected. To start, I had the crostini and as a cortorno, I had the excellent mixed grilled veggies. Wash it all down, I had a half liter of the house red (which was nice with the steak). My bill was like 41 euros, so, not too bad. But I've never had the steak elsewhere, so I am left wondering if what I got was the real deal or not???/

In an event, they had many choices and lots of locals there, so I know they do a good job.