“Feast in Florence”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here on our first night in Florence. The whole experience was fantastic, we arrived with an overtired lively two year old. The staff were great, welcoming and friendly and very understanding with our lack of Italian. The fixed menu is great, and my rabbit was the best meal I had in a week in Italy. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Florence.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This family run resaurant was recommended to us by the host of our apartment and I'm so glad he did. Just down the road from where we were staying this was a treat we would've missed otherwise. The menu was a set type with it being read to you rather than you reading it. Some people got confused because it all sounded so good, and when it arrived we were very happy with our selection. 13 euro for a starter a main and a choice of fries or salad and of course you get bread. You even get some wine. We though very full did splurge and tried a piece of the ricotta cheesecake to share and yummmm! the place was very busy and the staff fantastic I loved it and have no doubts about recommending it for you too. If we had more time we wouldve went there again as the couple next us said..." this is great we don't anything this good at home for the price!" And you won't either.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Delicious food, efficient friendly service and great value. Set menu was excellent. We went on a week night and were relatively hungry after a days travelling and sight seeing. Didn't want to spend much but wanted to eat well and have an early night

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been living in Firenze for about a year now and this little family run restaurant is a jewel. I only live a few blocks away and I try to go at least once a week. It's that good! A few tips for the hungry, weary traveler... You will wait in line if you don't get there before the Florentines. It's worth the wait and that is why it is always crowded. Go there very hungry. This is a prix fix meal and you will eat 3 full courses. They are medium size courses so when you order your pasta remember that you have a few more behind them. Get the house wine. It's great. Also, save room for a dessert, if you can. The soups here are always wonderful on a cold day, my fav is the Tuscan bean soup. Remember that they serve what is the freshest. So, in winter you won't find summer fare. And vice-versa. I bring all of my family and friends and also my business associates here. One thing always happens... they get the most astonished look on their faces when we get the check. It's next to nothing and the food is wonderful. These people work hard, even though tipping is not the norm in Italy leave a few euros, the meal is inexpensive and you can afford to show your appreciation! Oh, and did I mention you should go hungry??

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Food that taste home made. Great food and service in this little place. 2 course meals with wine and water for 13 euro. Desserts go for 3.5 eur.