Definitely do not recommend this place, because of the following facts:
1. We paid half of our trip via Internet with a credit card and landlord charged us for the commision that credit card operater took from her, and she did not mention that before (she charged my credit card for more money then I gave the approval!)
2. After we came to the apartment, she told us that half of the money paid througt the internet is a deposit - for the apartment - by the way which looks 5 times worse than on pictures!!
3. She charged us for city taxes (32 Euro) which she did not have to pay since she did not took our passports or any other information and we were not registered anywhere;
4. We payed 20 Euro daily for parking and she called us every day at least once to move the car so someone else could go out. On first of january when we came back in front of our doors somebody parked his car, so we couldn't park our car on 20 EUR parking;
5. She charged us 5 Euro daily for wi-fi (who else nowadays charges for the wi-fi??);
6. The apartment is ugly and very, very dirty!
7. Even though it is said tat the air conditioning is included - the lady came into our apartment while we were out and took us the remote control so we could not switch it on!
8. We were 8 and we got only 1/2 role of toilet paper, and when we asked for more she told us that it is not a hotel room but the apartment and that she does not have to provide us anything else and that all the shops were open so we can go and buy anything we need!
Do not go to that residence! Florence has so many beautiful places to stay, places that are worth your money!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Branca Aria della Ripa Palace is an historic residence dating back to the second half of the nineteenth century. It is situated in one of the most prestigious districts of Florence in front of the Arno river. Only 10 minutes walk from the Duomo and the Old Bridge , 5 minutes walk from the main train station - Santa Maria Novella, and 15 minutes walk far from the Fortezza Da Basso, one the most well known locations for exhibitions held in the city.The Palace was a private owned residence until very recently. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Palazzo Aria della Ripa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.