“That woman with the loud kids needs to go to McDonald's!”

Ristorante il Paiolo
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Ristorante il Paiolo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 2,763 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: In the historic center of Florence the Restaurant il Paiolo is synonymous of romance and tradition. Since 1980 it serves typical Tuscan dishes in a romantic atmosphere under candlelights. The furniture is characteristic with copper pots, old paintings and small works in wood, all handmade by known Florentine carpenters. The staff is professional, unobtrusive and always at the disposal of customers. Restaurant il Paiolo menu offers typical Tuscan dishes; try the best florentine steak florence Bistecca alla Fiorentina Florence, the delicious tuscan soup (Ribollita), the florentine veal (osso buco alla Fiorentina),home made pasta with wild boar sause (Papardelle al Cinghiale) and finally delicious desserts that are all homemade...tiramisù is the best in Florence
Charlotte, North Carolina
“That woman with the loud kids needs to go to McDonald's!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The staff was SO polite here, they speak 5 different languages and yet, the food is authentically Italian. If this woman was told that her kids were too loud, maybe she needed to stop coddling them and make them sit down? Seriously, the wait staff was just saying what everyone else in the restaurant was thinking! Who wants to go to ANY restaurant, anywhere, and listen to kids screaming or watch them running around? Good job guys!

Anyway, the food was pretty great and the atmosphere was amazing because (thankfully) loud kids were not in the restaurant when I was trying to eat. I only gave it four stars because I went to this place last night in Rome that was so amazing that I simply couldn't give anyone the same rating as them. But Ristorante il Paiolo was probably #2 of our trip and certainly deserves to be much more highly ranked than they are right now.

I will definitely consider going back before we leave.

PS: This is a small place and NONE of the tables were inherently "bad" tables. Get over it and teach your kids to behave.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Geoffrey L

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre, overpriced and Family-unfriendly”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Asked for a table for family with children and they said OK. Despite the availability of other tables, they gave us the worst table in the restaurant, behind the kitchen. Even though we were in this terrible area, a few minutes later we've got a complaint about the noise the children were making.

Food is mediocre, to say the least, and overpriced.

Bill came with total price only, no details. I'm almost sure that I was overcharged, but I was so furious that I just paid and left to avoid further confusion.

Worst restaurant in my trip to Firenze, would not recommend (especially if you have children) and will not come back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank GGinsu
museoaccademia, Proprietario at Ristorante il Paiolo, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
i really want to answer to you because you mentioned that you were here with some childrens.
i am very disappointed when the parents think that we are like a nursery and they live the childrens go around the restaurant while they eat and talk and relax.and if you got a complaint about the noise of the babies maybe you are the people i'm talking about.
for a baby are dangerous the stairs that we have and all the bottles he can touch and even the food we carry is sometime very hot and liquid!
and you have to think that every people is sitting wants to have a nice atmosphere we have to keep care of everyone of our guest
childrens are always very pretty (i also have childrens) but sometimes their parents forget that are just childrens,and they must be cared for.........sorry for my uncertain english language,my best regards
(the ugly place behind the kitchen was not behind the kitchen: was in front of my italian chef and his staff )
Toronto, Ontario
“We went twice!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

the food is delicious, the service makes you feel like you are the only people in the restaurant. Location is ideal. We normally would never go to the same restaurant twice but did so because the 'feature' dishes change depending on what is available. And very reasonably priced!

Visited July 2013
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Saltey food and expansive food don't go”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have a lunch today 27/6 with my family we order 2 spaghetti poloniz one pasta with mashroom
2 green salad one kids meal 4 cock they charge us 123 eu . The food so salty all of us notice that and the lady answer us thes is normal in the city and she not even say sory or any thing . Thay give me the bel with total only Thayer is no details jost the total 123 eu and ask me to pay. I well never back again .

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ghanem A
Turlock, California
“Tuscan food”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great setting, Food was just Ok though. One of those meals that you wish you had followed your instincts and gone somewhere else even though lots of people were there ... tourists mostly

Visited May 2013