“Nice!”

Cappuccino & Espresso Course & Tour
Ranked #22 of 142 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: The espresso and cappuccino are part of the Italian lifestyle. In this course / tour, we learn about the Italian coffee blends, the differences between Arabica and Robusta and between the washed or natural coffee. During the course we speak also about the best espresso machines, how the coffee must be grounded and tamped for the the best espresso coffee. How to froth the milk for cappuccino, latte macchiato and caffèlatte. Again, we prepare and taste the classic Italian preparations, such as the barley coffee and the caffè shakerato. You will prepare your owns cappuccinos and you will taste the best blends of coffeeThe courses are held in English by teachers with long experience in working in the coffee and trainer and as export manager for Italian coffee companies.The courses are held in the very center of Florence. The school organizes also longer courses, for who wants to work in the world of coffee.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I went to the school without any knowledge about coffee before.
and it was really fun and interesting!
The teacher was so nice and he tried so hard to give what we need to know.
even we were all tired but I can see from his eyes that he was really
attempting to give us everything he knows.
a lot of information and experience I have here are really worthy.
Thanks so much!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Ho seguito il corso con Gabriele il mese scorso. È stato una bellissima esperienza. Gabriele e' una persona molto gentile e sicuramente un esperto nel campo.

Per chi vuole aprire un bar o semplicemente ed un amante del caffè, lo consiglio molto.
----------
I took this course with Gabriele last month. It was really a fantastic experience. He is an extremely nice person and truly an expert in his field.

If you want to open a café or simply love coffee, I highly recommend this experience!

Thanks, Gabriele!

Patrick, USA

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The course was very good, in a nice environment, with people from all over the world (I attended the English course). Gabriele (the teacher) is very helpful and can advise you on many things. I've learned the basics about how to make a good coffee and a good cappuccino, and also some latte art tricks ;) Really worth it. And an occasion to visit Florence also, especially for foreign visitors.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I did this course together and we had a lot of fun. By pure chance, we had eaten lunch in their restaurant in downtown Florence before we went to the course.
Gabriele is a delight. Very gentle and humorous. Reminds me of the bloke from ' Life is Beautiful'' Roberto someone. Believe it or not, they actually roast and process the cafe beans on site and you get to see this. You learn all the history behind cafe and then have a hands on experience in actually making the perfect cappuccino.
If you have the time while visiting Tuscany then I suggest you do this course.
Beware it started late and then ran late so we had to rush to our train. Give yourself plenty of time. Easy to find and close to the tram stop.

1  Thank AmandaKIndia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had an enjoyable time making up caps and lattes. The course was informative and fun. We attended the one-day course. Communication was excellent prior to the class date, which was very appreciated. We arrived a bit early, but were welcomed to drink some caps/lattes/espresso from the class finishing up. Everyone there was very welcoming and friendly.

2  Thank Tim141