“A wonderful experience...now I'm overqualified for Starbucks”

Cappuccino & Espresso Course & Tour
Ranked #20 of 148 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: The espresso and cappuccino are part of the Italian lifestyle. In this course / tour, we learn about the Italian coffee blends, the differences between Arabica and Robusta and between the washed or natural coffee. During the course we speak also about the best espresso machines, how the coffee must be grounded and tamped for the the best espresso coffee. How to froth the milk for cappuccino, latte macchiato and caffèlatte. Again, we prepare and taste the classic Italian preparations, such as the barley coffee and the caffè shakerato. You will prepare your owns cappuccinos and you will taste the best blends of coffeeThe courses are held in English by teachers with long experience in working in the coffee and trainer and as export manager for Italian coffee companies.The courses are held in the very center of Florence. The school organizes also longer courses, for who wants to work in the world of coffee.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had an enjoyable time making up caps and lattes. The course was informative and fun. We attended the one-day course. Communication was excellent prior to the class date, which was very appreciated. We arrived a bit early, but were welcomed to drink some caps/lattes/espresso from the class finishing up. Everyone there was very welcoming and friendly.

2  Thank Tim141

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We attended the two-day Barista course (advanced level) and its really cool and awesome. Our instructor-Gabriele shares all the techniques and secrets to make a perfect espresso and cappuccino, plus the coffee art which every participants were so excited and enjoyed every hands-on. As part of the Advanced level course, Gabriele also gave us a tour inside their processing plant. A highly recommended tour if you're visiting Florence both for individual who's looking for a career in coffee industry or simply Coffee lovers.

2  Thank MigsDeManille
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I participated the discovery course at Torrefazione Mokaflor. It was very impressive, instructive and not at least funny. Gabriele was able to bring near the world of coffee in a pleasant way! I'm realy encouraged to apply my (beginner-) knowledge at home and to extend it more and more...
Thanks for all, even to Cristina for the perfect service before and after the course!

It wasn't my last coffee course at Mokaflor, I suggest.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been looking forward to this course for over a month when I contacted Gabrielle via their website - from that point, his level of customer service, flexibility and assistance in even helping me find a hotel was exemplary. While teaching, he brings is down to your level, helping you understand on your terms... And his added sense of humor was icing on the cake. If you are in Florence, you must check this out - you'll be a better barista for it :-)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We enjoyed the Introductory 3 hour class as it provided the right mix of background information and practical experience. We definelty know more about coffee and how it's best prepared. What I found really useful is that the course was organised and taught in a manner where I think we will retain the much of the information. In other words, the course was taught in a logical manner with many practical references. Getting to see the coffee as it arrives from overseas, seeing it roasted and then packaged for sale was a treat.