“Go somewhere else - anywhere will be better and cheaper”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante Belcore

Ristorante Belcore
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Belcore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #187 of 2,676 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Melbourne, Australia
“Go somewhere else - anywhere will be better and cheaper”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were disappointed with everything they did. Starting with the welcome onwards. Not that its bad, just that its extremely bland and ordinary. When we ordered our aperitifs, we were told that they serve Prosecco as their aperitif. I had asked for a Campari which is Italian, so it shouldn't have been that difficult, my partner asked for a tonic water! We gave them the benefit of the translation doubt but we should have departed then. My main meal of Wild Boar Pappadella as recommended by other trip advisors was very ordinary, so was my bouillabaisse. My partners first course of cheese and onion tart was well received. Her second course of ravioli was luke warm and bland. The house red was surprisingly good at E19, but the wine list was generally very scary prices. At E84 it was not reasonable value. Go somewhere else - it has to be better than this place, We were extremely disappointed with the whole experience. This is the first bad experience we have had using trip advisor.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Mike H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Welcoming place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

From the welcoming glass of wine through the dessert thie restaurant upheld the tradition of fine Florentine dining. Upon finding out that one of us couldn't drink wine, they brought us a glass of orange juice. We had ravioli stuffed with sausage and tagliatelli with a wild boar ragout and both were really well made. We shared the best caprese salad of the trip and an antipasto appetizer as well. We finished off with a chocolate cake and had a nice walk back to our hotel.

Visited October 2012
“Elegant and Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

On our first night in Florence I used Tripadvisor to find a restaurant near our hotel. I found several that had been rated quite high then asked the receptionist which one he thought was the best. He recommended the Belcore. it was within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. At first I was concerned as we were put in a room that was full of a large group that was quite noisy. There were some empty tables on the other side, but we were told that they were reserved, which I thought okay, here goes the tourist trap. But from there it was very pleasant and the service was fantasitic and the food even better. I asked for a half bottle of wine,and the manager had a full bottle and asked if we liked it, we did and he poured half out to another bottle and gave that to us. We received an after dinner sweet wine, which was good also. We had the Caprese and it was fantastic for a starter, shared. The mozarella was so soft and tasty, not like in the US. I had the Boar pasta, which was very tasty and my wife had the ravilois, which were very good. Desserts were good, the creme burlee was great and my wife had to have her gelato fix, which was very good. I highly recommend this restaurant, but make early reservations and get the local eating room, for the manager spends more tme in that room with the local clientele.

• Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A culinary jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Tucked away in a narrow back street of Florence's Borgonissanti district, just west of the city center and walking distance from the central train station, there lies a culinary jewel.

Belcore Ristorante represents unpretentious fine dining, at its very best.. Diners should not be mislead by the somewhat formal appearance of the restaurant's interior - with tables neatly dressed in fresh white tablecloths and decor of a more staid era.

The first clue that there's something special going here, is the maitre's choice list of mellow classical jazz softly playing in the background. Just one indication of the surprises to come.

Service is authentically genuine - kind, attentive, unrushed, but timely.

Each meal begins with an aperitif of prosecco and a carafe of still or sparkling mineral water and a basket of assorted breads. A first course of delicately prepared soup is served in a shallow, clear glass bowl - just the right few spoonfuls to prepare your palate for what is to come next. Make no mistake. This is an enterprise of creativity and serious cooking magic.

A fine selection of wines can also be found here.

On the two occasions I visited Belcore I sampled very different offerings, each prepared and presented with great care and eye appeal.

Night one I ordered an appetizer of steamed mussels, prepared in a red peppercorn broth. The main course was a pepper encrusted tuna, served nicely red and warm, and dressed in a light, caramelized onion vinagrette. It was to be accompanied by a salad, but since I asked if I might have some pasta instead, the maitre accomodated and the chef surprised with chilled spaghetti, in a light, mild fresh tomato sauce - a delightful contrast in both temperature and seasoning, to the tuna it accompanied.

From the more than ample dessert menu, I selected a fine cheesecake, dressed with orange marmalade - and worth every calorie. The meal closed with a delicately sweet dessert wine and a richly brewed expresso and an assortment of biscotti.

On night two I chose a delicately prepared cheese flan, wrapped in fine slices of slightly flamed eggplant, as the opening act. The main course consisted of succulent slices of duck breast meat accopanied by slivered pear in a cinnamon dressing. And for dessert, a light rice pudding, topped with a touch of orange sauce and pistachios.

If you make the effort to find this little gem of a restaurant, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“Fantastico Posto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Here there are not choice i love everything from the meal menu' to the fantastic wine list, and always get the raccomandation of Abdel the owner and the "Tuttofare" of the restaurant .. Ciao Abdel see you soon amico mio

Visited July 2012