“Amazing Tuscan Wine Tour”

Wine Tours with Italy and Wine
and up
Private Tour: Truffle Hunting and Wine Experience from Florence with Lunch
Ranked #7 of 141 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: We organize Tuscan wine tours such as Chianti Classico , Montalcino, San Gimignano and Montepulciano. We guarantee small groups tours guided by wine experts. You have also the chance to customize your day in the wine country according to your tastes and budget. For the curious type who want to learn a bit of viticulture and the wine making process, or beginners who want to learn to enjoy and appreciate the quality wines Italy and Wine provides wine tours that will be both informative and fun.
Florence, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Tuscan Wine Tour”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have spent the last month in Florence and traveling around Italy. One of my best days here was on Italy and Wine’s Chianti and Supertuscan wine tour. Hillary was our guide and she was outstanding. She promptly picked up my friend and I and a honeymooning couple on our tour at 9:30 AM.

From Piazza Cavalleggeri, we headed across the arno and headed up to Piazzale Michealangelo and Sal Minato al Monte. Hillary wanted to make a special stop at the church because of the honeymooners. Legend has it that lovers are blessed after being inside the church. We took a few moments to take in the views and take a few photos before continuing on to the first winery.

The first winery owned by Rodolpho was charming with elegant views of Tuscany. Here we tried various Chianti Classicos, two Supertuscan wines and a Vin Santo alongside some crostini, cheese and chocolate. Rodolpho gave us a tour around his home and up to the top of the tower. His home is elegantly decorated in his beautiful artwork. He even has frescos on some of his wine bottles that you can purchase! They are truly a unique souvenir.

After the first wine tour, we refueled at a small local restaurant in the countryside that Hillary had chosen for us. The food was phenomenal and Hillary answered all of our questions about wine and gave us her suggestions about shopping for wines and Florence in general. Her knowledge of wine and the industry was remarkable. Hillary catered the tour to our existing wine knowledge and was never dull. Most importantly, she was honest and genuine. She even circled a few of her Florence favorites on maps for us to make the rest of our trips in Florence enjoyable.

The second wine tour was at Le Filigare. The Filigare, right on the city lines of Florence and Siena, has connections back to Mona Lisa’s grandfather and is truly unforgettable. Here we got a personal tour of the wine cellar before tasting. We were able to visualize each step of the wine making process from grape to bottle and even saw women labeling and boxing the newest bottles of their “Pietro” wine. We tasted all of Le Filigare’s wines, Chianti Classicos of various blends. My favorite was the “Lorenzo” and the dessert wine “Vin Santo”. We also got to try a “Grappa di Vinsanto”, “Grappa di Chianti Classico” and “Chiantiac” (Chianti’s Cognac). They were all unique and smooth. Lastly, we tasted Le Filigare’s extra virgin olive oil, which was also excellent. I took home a Chianti Classico and a bottle of Vin Santo. At both wineries and from Hillary there was never pressure to purchase any of the wines. The lack of pressure to buy contributed greatly to the relaxing atmosphere.

After the last winery, we headed back to Florence comfortably after a long and enjoyable day of wine tasting. Although, I went on the tour with a pretty general knowledge of wine and wine tasting I felt like I learned so much more on the Italy and Wine tour. I cannot wait to go again and I would recommend it to anyone looking for that personal, one-of-a-kind experience! Also, be sure to ask for Hillary!

1 Thank brittanydesantis

• Turkish first
Miramar Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best excursion on our Mediterranean Cruise”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I would highly recommend this wine tour.

Vittorio was a wonderful wine tour guide. Very knowledgable. Went on the Chianti Castle Wine Tour.

The day started when we were picked up at the Ship Port Terminal. Went to two different wineries. Just amazed at how hospitable and gracious not only Vittorio but also the owners of the wineries.

For lunch Vittorio took us to a wonderful authentic Italian restaurant.

We were able to have wine shipped back to the United States from the Wineries.

Just a wonderful experience! Would highly recommend.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quintessential Tuscan Wine Tour”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I recently participated in the Castle and Chianti wine tour with a friend and we could not have asked for a more enjoyable time. From the moment we met Hilary, our wine guide, we felt at ease and welcomed. I feel as though we took a tour and a bite out of the countryside only locals have the opportunity to see and experience. Every corner we turned, I felt like we were experiencing hidden gems. The tour lived up to everything I hoped for. It was an incredible taste of the famed italian hospitality and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. Personal, intimate and colloquial. Perfect for the sommelier in training and the common indulger of wine equally. This tour is a real treasure.

1 Thank Gregory V
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Boutique winery tour with Vittorio was phenomenal”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We spent a perfect day today with Vittorio on a trip exploring truly unique wineries. It was an amazing experience and would recommend to anyone who wants a real authentic Italian adventure. I will recommend Vittorio to all my friends and will definitely be getting back in touch with him when we return to florence.

1 Thank A P
Bloomington, IN
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great day in Tuscany!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We took the Chianti Classico shared tour. We had an excellent day and a sweet, informative guide -- we were fortunate to share the tour with a great group of people as well! We spent the day at smaller vineyards and loved hearing about the wine in the region. The views were stunning! Tastings were plentiful and merchandise was widely available for purchase (although we never felt any pressure to purchase). The day's highlight was lunch at Dario Cecchini's shop -- what an incredible and unique experience (look him up if you are unfamiliar with him -- he is an icon and the food was unbelievable)! If you plan to tour vineyards during your visit to Tuscany, I highly recommend booking a day tour with this company.

Visited July 2013