“Best part about our Florence trip!”

Wine Tours with Italy and Wine
Book In Advance
More Info
$221.65*
and up
Small-Group Truffle Hunting and Wine Experience from Florence with Lunch
Ranked #7 of 135 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: We organize Tuscan wine tours such as Chianti Classico , Montalcino, San Gimignano and Montepulciano. We guarantee small groups tours guided by wine experts. You have also the chance to customize your day in the wine country according to your tastes and budget. For the curious type who want to learn a bit of viticulture and the wine making process, or beginners who want to learn to enjoy and appreciate the quality wines Italy and Wine provides wine tours that will be both informative and fun.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Best part about our Florence trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I don't even know where to begin. I went on this trip with my Fiance and his parents and it was the best time we had in Florence. Vittoria was very very knowledgeable about wine and he had a great and friendly personality. Before starting our trip he asked if we had seen the view from the Piazza de Michelangelo and although my Fiance and I had in our previous trip to Florence, his parents hadn't so Vittorio drove up there for a few minutes to take pictures. It was just as I remembered it -- breathtaking! We went to two fabulous wineries, and although we weren't big red wine drinkers, the wines were very tasty. I am recommending this tour to all of my friends and family, it's a must if you're visiting Florence!

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
“Unforgettable day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My partner and I booked this tour last minute and were the only two to show up due to low season, however the tour went on. Our guide Vittorio was very informative and approachable. We stopped at 3 winery's in total, one being a restaurant. The first Winery was the highlight of mine and my partners whole trip!! This was a private winery and we were welcomed into a traditional Tuscan kitchen and were shown 4 wines along with a desert wine and the most delicious Tuscan cheeses and meets. You will not go hungry. We highly recommend this trip as not only getting to indulge in lots of yummy food and drink lots of wine, we were able to see the most beautiful scenery and learn lots. It is worth the money 100% and if your Australian and love your reds this is perfect for you ;)

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Highlight of our tour of Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I booked this tour for my 30th birthday while we were backpacking across Europe. We met up along with several others in a popular square in Florence, then Hillary, our tour guide took us to Piazzale Michelangelo for a scenic view of Florence. Next we went on a drive to the first vineyard, called Torre Alberghieri. It was a scenic medieval castle with vineyards, olive oil groves and fresh herbs/vegetables. There, we went through tasting 5 different wines from the vineyards. The owner/artists/Vinter also dabbles in culinary arts, and he made a fantastic ensemble of accompaniments to pair with the wines. We were so impressed that we bought 5 bottles of wine and had them shipped home to the states.

Afterwards, we stopped in the small town and had lunch at Cantinetta Sassolini. They had regional, seasonal specials there, and Hillary recommended certain dishes and wine. They even arranged for a birthday singing, and the waiter brought out a biscotti with whipped cream and a candle!

After lunch, we went to another castle, called Castello di Gabbiano. There, we got to have a tour of the castle, along with their cellars, which was pretty cool. We had another wine tasting and the ability to purchase some more wines.

I must say, the highlight of the tour was Hillary. She was passionate, knowledgeable, energetic and willing to answer any questions. She even pointed out some great places to shop in Florence for leather and other markets. As a sommelier, she knew her wines and really added life to the tour. It was a Birthday I will never forget and I’m glad we went with this tour.

Kincardine, Canada
“Perfect tour for a perfect honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Last Year while my wife and I were on our honeymoon we wanted to go on a wine tour while in Tuscany. We read a little bit about this one on Tripadvisor and since it was ranked well we decided to try it out. This being our first wine tour and not knowing much about wine we were both very excited to learn about Chianti Classico wines. Our Guide Hilary was extremely knowledgeable and made it fun and enjoyable to learn about the different types of wines. We visited two beautiful wineries and got to sample 8 different types in total as well as ate a ton of great food at both vineyards as well as the amazing lunch that was included. All in all a totally amazing experience and would definitely go again and recommend anyone that is in Florence to go on this tour. Can not say enough about Hilary and how great she was.

Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Reds and Whites - the best of both worlds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The highlight of our visit to Florence was definitely the Chianti and San Gimignano tour with Matteo, of Italy and Wine. Matteo was such a friendly and knowledgable tour guide and we learned a tremendous amount from him throughout the day. We shared the tour with just one other couple so the whole day had a 'private' tour feel, which was great! We started out in the morning and on our way to the first winery, Matteo stopped at Piazza de Michelangelo to provide us a perfect picture-taking opportunity with wonderful views of Florence.
The first winery we visited was Il Solatione, a small family-owned winery, in the Chianti region. Francesca was such a welcoming host! It was so nice to see the passion that she and her family have for their wines. We were provided a tour of the vineyards and operations and then settled into a wine tasting of several of the reds produced on-site. Not being a red-wine drinker before our trip to Italy, I can easily say that after tasting these wines, I have been converted!
After our visit to Il Solatione, we went to a charming restaurant in Tuscany for lunch which was delicious. We then ventured to San Gimignano for our 2nd winery stop at Capella Sant'Andrea, another family-owned winery. We were graciously welcomed by Antonella and shown the grounds and then had a tasting of several of the wines, one of our favorites being the Vernaccia di San Gimignano white wine. After our visit, we had the opportunity to walk around the town of San Gimignano, a charming medieval town.
We highly recommend Italy and Wine tours (specifically with Matteo) and we couldnt have been happier with the tour and the wineries visited. It was so nice seeing smaller family-owned wineries and how much passion they have for carrying on their family traditions through their wine. Thank you again for a wonderful time Matteo!