“Vegatarian Ravioli”

Trattoria Antellesi
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Trattoria Antellesi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 2,850 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We were catching the train to Venice early evening and came by this little Trattoria while walking around Florence during the day. The food and service were excellent. I didn't know what to choose from the menu so the owner came out and said, " leave it to me". I stressed that I didn't want meat. He made me a vegatarian ravioli. It was outstanding! Great atmosphere and one of the family explained the history of the restaurant. He poured us a glass of wine on the house and took the time to talk to us. Wonderful experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you are looking for Florentine steak go here. I have been in Florence many times and this is the best steak I have ever had. The menu for two was incredible including starters, main, dessert, coffee and a full bottle of wine. The steak was done to perfection and the service was excellent.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We ate here Saturday evening, March 22 2014.
Very good, sensibly priced food, busy (Italians as well as tourists), friendly helpful service, what more do you need?!
We had the set 'Tuscany' menu @ 70€ for two people. Sounds a lot, but we ate so very well!This to us represented excellent value: starter of meats/cheese platter, sun dried tomatoes with bruschetta and truffle pâté, followed by Florentine steak cooked to our liking (1kg of the finest T Bone ) served with roast potatoes, followed by creme brûlée, coffee and a bottle of Chianti also included.
There seem to be a lot of mediocre trattoria around Florence, this is NOT one if those.
(We enjoy superb steak at our regular Argentinian Parilla, otherwise I would have said that this was the best steak of our lives)

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Saw previous reviews and set out Sunday evening armed with 3 tratorrias to find. The first 2 were closed (note to fellow travellers it is common that Sunday evening is night off!) but happily trattoria antellesi was open. It's decorated in rustic style, when you first walk in it doesn't look that big but there is another larger room at the back. Menu varied and what is great is you can order half bottles of wine. I had cap reuse, very fresh and large(!) whilst hubs went for crostini with chicken liver pâté. Mains hubs opted for a very spicy tomato and garlic spaghetti whilst I had sliced steak and mushroom. Hubby wolfed his down happily (followed by several glasses of water!) and my steak was tender and yummy. One thing to note was that I wasn't asked his I liked my steak, I am pretty flexible but it did come med rare which was a tadge on the too rare side for me, it was only barely warm where the middle was before it was sliced, so check if you have this dish. Best value meal we had all break!

1  Thank THE2KSSTOURBRIDGE
Reviewed January 4, 2014

In Italy you eat a lot of pasta. I can't remember the name of the dish I ordered except that it was fresh homemade pasta with some sort of Florence specialty creamy meat type sauce. It was honestly the best pasta I had for our entire trip in Italy. We stopped in here because we saw it on Trip Advisor and it was close to our hotel. The restaurant is rather unassuming on the inside which I usually think produces better food. We sat in the back and there weren't a lot of people near us although two nuns eventually sat by us (and they ordered beer with their food). We also ordered the tiramisu based on a review I'd read. Normally I do NOT like tiramisu but it was delicious. Even my husband enjoyed it and he doesn't like sweets. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank wittywhit211