“Fabulous Tuscan meal, one of the best meals we've had in Italy!”

Trattoria Antellesi
Ranked #168 of 2,807 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Close to the train station, Hotel Cerretani, and the Duomo in Florence. We had the Tuscan dinner for 'due' (2) and truly enjoyed the entire meal. We had the complete meal with an appetizer, 1 kg Florentine steak, a dessert and nice bottle of Chianti. The appetizers included a selection of Tuscan delicacies. The steak was served Florentine style - no questions asked about how you want it cooked, which was Pittsburg medium, or rare to most of the world. The dulce was a large portion and it included water and coffee. It was a nice two hour meal with a friendly and attentive staff. Well worth the money! The restaurant opened March 2013 with the current owners and staff.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I don't usually take the time out to comment, but I wanted to share what a great meal my wife and I had. We dined on a Sunday evening. We got hungry early, and we had heard favorable reviews of this restaurant so we decided to step inside even though it was still very early in the evening (around 7pm.) We were greeted by a gentleman who seated us quickly enough, and he was very friendly. At first we were concerned because we were the only patrons at the restaurant, but by the time our meal was arriving, there were several other parties dining. We ordered a "menu" (which in the US we would have referred to as a 3 course meal) that included a large appetizer plate, a bottle of wine and a bottle of water, a HUGE Tuscan steak for two, dessert, and coffee. We were very surprised we could get all this food for just 33 euro per person. The biggest problem I had with the restaurant was that I practically had to take a nap after I got out of there.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Located about 30 yards from the hotel we stayed at, friendly staff good food

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I had read some interesting reviews about this restaurant in Tripadisor, and I thought the restaurant would be better than it actually was. I went to dinner on a weekday, the restaurant had few customers, yet the service was very bad. A man (who must be the owner of the restaurant) was all the time behind the bar, talking on the phone, or on the street, smoking. A single waiter tried to do the work, but as there are tables in front and at the bottom, it was difficult for him. The vegetarian appetizer was very good but the dough was bad, the sauce had no seasoning. The house wine was not good (very acidic). I found the price expensive for what they offer. I do not return this restaurant.

Hicolatino, Direttore at Trattoria Antellesi, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Hi, i'm Stefano. Our management has started this Easter 2013, I hate to see a review on trip advisor that hurts our passion for good food, (even if the previous management), our bet is the authenticity and seasonality of raw materials.
I'd like to come and visit us, to taste the specialties of Florentine and Italian, with Italian staff ... to offer a nice bottle of Chianti
and then let you be the judge .... if anything has changed ...
Greetings from Antellesi

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Excellent service and owners were extremely helpful, but the wine is too expensive

1  Thank WolMa5