Residenza d'Epoca Via Santo Spirito 6
Agoda.com
Hotel David(Florence)
$188
$162
All reviewsdefinitely stay here againexcellent locationshort walktrain stationstoveapartmentloftfridgefirenzeduomoheart
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Traveled with my two children, ages 10 and 14. We stayed in Room 7, which has a separate bedroom upstairs, accessed by a cute spiral staircase, and a fold-out couch downstairs. Great location; the hotel is just outside of the main bustle of the Ponte Vecchio area, but only a quick walk to it. NEVER any safety concerns, and I felt very comfortable walking to the hotel at any hour. Plenty of shops and restaurants in close proximity. The room was clean, comfortable, and VERY spacious. Free Wifi, but as others mentioned, a little spotty at times. Our room had paintings on the ceiling from the 1800's...the place is just loaded with historical charm. Absolutely gorgeous courtyard downstairs, with plants, seating areas, fish and a turtle. For longer stays, if you want to do stove top cooking or clothes washing, there are community rooms where there are a stove/oven and a washer/dryer. There is no a/c (a rare find in Florence...even the museums/shops didn't have it), but there are fans....it was 95 degrees (!) in Florence while we were there, but we did fine with just the fans. Breakfast (included) was at a cafe next door - LOVED it, fresh squeezed OJ, cappuccino, pastries or sandwich. The staff at the hotel are very accommodating, and go out of their way to assist when you have questions or need help. I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel, and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Room 7 with the loft bedroom is great for families!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cdelguzzi
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have absolutely made a right decision to stay in this apartment. The receptionist, Alexandra is very friendly and helpful, informative and welcoming to us. We felt safe to walk along via santo spirito and the building itself is securely locked by 3 doors before we entered to our room. The room was large with a small kitchen and all very clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable that we had good sleeps for the whole week. Wi-Fi was connected well in our room. Location is perfect. We took about 15 mins walk with suitcases from the S.M.N. station to the apartment. The accommodation is surrounded by good restaurants, shops and a supermarket. Breakfast coupons are provided and we took only 20 steps to the cafe shop on the next door every morning. If on Sunday, we took a few steps more to another cafe shop in which was also good for a coffee, freshly squeezed juice and a pastry in the morning. My husband and I enjoyed very much and we will definitely choose this again on our next visit in Florence. I would recommend these apartments to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheng A
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This accommodation is great, its in a very secure building with 3 locked doors to enter before entering your own room door. The rooms are great, very large, nice and clean and great facilities such as a mini kitchen, tv, table, sofa bed etc.

The staff here are extremely friendly and very helpful. I would recommend these apartments/studio rooms to anyone who is looking for a great price in a central location in Florence.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, the rooms were large, well-kept, and well-appointed, and the location was absolutely perfect -- easy access to the center of town, but on the quieter south side of Arno, surrounded by great restaurants and shops. As someone mentioned, the Wi-Fi was spotty in the rooms (though I could always get a signal on the landing by elevator), but the comfortable, attractive rooms more than made up for any shortcomings. Couldn't have been happier with our stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

April 2013 was my second time staying at this hotel because the first (October 2012) was such a good experience. The second visit was just as satisfying. Alessandra is absolutely wonderful, very helpful, and speaks perfect English (I live in Italy and speak Italian but my visiting family from the U.S. doesn't). The courtyard is gorgeous and my sister and brother-in-law had a fun morning there chatting with Luca, the caretaker.

As I said in my first review last fall, the location is perfect and the value is excellent for Florence. The rooms are positively giant compared to most of Italy, and they're clean and well-furnished. Between myself and visiting family over two visits, I've seen four rooms at this hotel, and all were worth every euro (three of them had kitchens, and one even had a laundry machine). The community kitchen/lounge areas are great, too.

Yes, you need four keys to get from the street to your room, but frankly that's fine with me and is part of the charm of staying in a gorgeous old mansion in Italy. Also, they've changed the location of the complementary breakfast/lunch since I was there last year, and the new place is even better, and much closer, just a couple of doors down. The food there was wonderful and the staff was very friendly.

The Wifi is free but doesn't work perfectly inside the rooms - but it's great in the communal areas, the beautiful courtyard, and the hallways (which have really comfortable sofas and chairs).

I've lived in Italy for two years and have been to Florence four times, and honestly I can say that the Residenza d'Epoca is well worth every euro. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends