“Residence D' Epoca”

Ranked #39 of 298 Specialty Lodging in Florence
Caracas
“Residence D' Epoca”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Was a wonderful experience, stay in this beauty palace in Firenza. Like a homme in this beatiful city. Alessandra the manager, and Gabriela for the Spanish people, was superb. We reccomended the Residenze: private, clean, good locación in the center of the city, near everythin. Unforgetable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
rdeflorence, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza d'Epoca Via Santo Spirito 6, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
We would like to thank our Guests for their support. 2011 has been an amazing year thank to all of you. We appreciated your positive comments and will always care about your suggestions to achieve our goal of offering a quality service.
Merry Christamas and Happy New Year to all of you :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The great experience with Residenza D'Epoca started with my booking - quick response and immediate understanding of what I was wanting from my Firenze accommodation, and being flexible to ensure I would have it - security, central position, a view of the sky and windows I could open for fresh air, a fully equipped kitchen and a table/dining area large enough to share meals with friends, heating, comfort and wi-fi. And this (and more) was everything that I found and experienced at the Residenza. I was very warmly welcomed by the staff, who made it very clear that I should not hesitate to go to them if there was anything I needed. A couple of surprises were the lift (it meant I could include a disabled friend in dinner invitations) and the very peaceful and well kept inner courtyard. My month at the Residenza passed very quickly, and when it was time for me to leave, it felt like I was leaving my home.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jane B
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here for a week and found it so handy - 1 minute from the Ponte Vecchio and 10 mins from the train station so no need for taxis all week. Rep was waiting for us on the doorstep when we arrived and was extremely friendly as was the manager. Rooms were spotless and comfortable and felt so much more authentic florentine than staying in a hotel. Rooms can get hot at night and being in the city centre you wont need an alarm clock-the church bells will do that job. Terrific place for a holiday.

Room Tip: Warm but charming.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gbeattie758
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed here at the end of a 6 week trip and it was the perfect way to end my stay in Italy. I really don't have a single complaint and appreciate the wonderful welcome and accommodations. The location was perfect for me and a cab to the airport was only 15 euros. Everything was clean and the use of a kitchen was wonderful. I didn't use the washer and dryer, but it was available. I will stay here again in a heartbeat when I return to Florence!

Room Tip: Apartment 8 was perfect for a single person
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I stayed at the Residenza for a month while studying in Florence and it was so great. The location is absolutely perfect and the building is lovely and comfortable. The courtyard was an especially nice place to have a picnic or a glass of wine. I used the shared kitchen nearly every day and it was well stocked with equipment and very easy to use. Also, my room was especially comfortable and spacious. The only complaint I had was that the free wifi internet was very slow and occasionally didn't work at all. If I ever return to Florence, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Batemans Bay, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2011

apartment was a great size with well equipped kitchen

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Fabulous location and staff, with a lovely garden and very comfortable room/bath. I stayed for a month and was delighted with everything, except the wi-fi; it was often extremely slow or didn't work at all. I ended up using my laptop in a local coffee house, which got me out of my room, but was an inconvenience. I hope they correct this one thing: everything else at Residenza D'Epoca was top-notch.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business