“Palace away from home”

Residenza d'Epoca Via Santo Spirito 6
Ranked #49 of 325 Specialty Lodging in Florence
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The great experience with Residenza D'Epoca started with my booking - quick response and immediate understanding of what I was wanting from my Firenze accommodation, and being flexible to ensure I would have it - security, central position, a view of the sky and windows I could open for fresh air, a fully equipped kitchen and a table/dining area large enough to share meals with friends, heating, comfort and wi-fi. And this (and more) was everything that I found and experienced at the Residenza. I was very warmly welcomed by the staff, who made it very clear that I should not hesitate to go to them if there was anything I needed. A couple of surprises were the lift (it meant I could include a disabled friend in dinner invitations) and the very peaceful and well kept inner courtyard. My month at the Residenza passed very quickly, and when it was time for me to leave, it felt like I was leaving my home.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jane B

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here for a week and found it so handy - 1 minute from the Ponte Vecchio and 10 mins from the train station so no need for taxis all week. Rep was waiting for us on the doorstep when we arrived and was extremely friendly as was the manager. Rooms were spotless and comfortable and felt so much more authentic florentine than staying in a hotel. Rooms can get hot at night and being in the city centre you wont need an alarm clock-the church bells will do that job. Terrific place for a holiday.

Room Tip: Warm but charming.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gbeattie758
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed here at the end of a 6 week trip and it was the perfect way to end my stay in Italy. I really don't have a single complaint and appreciate the wonderful welcome and accommodations. The location was perfect for me and a cab to the airport was only 15 euros. Everything was clean and the use of a kitchen was wonderful. I didn't use the washer and dryer, but it was available. I will stay here again in a heartbeat when I return to Florence!

Room Tip: Apartment 8 was perfect for a single person
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I stayed at the Residenza for a month while studying in Florence and it was so great. The location is absolutely perfect and the building is lovely and comfortable. The courtyard was an especially nice place to have a picnic or a glass of wine. I used the shared kitchen nearly every day and it was well stocked with equipment and very easy to use. Also, my room was especially comfortable and spacious. The only complaint I had was that the free wifi internet was very slow and occasionally didn't work at all. If I ever return to Florence, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2011

apartment was a great size with well equipped kitchen

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Fabulous location and staff, with a lovely garden and very comfortable room/bath. I stayed for a month and was delighted with everything, except the wi-fi; it was often extremely slow or didn't work at all. I ended up using my laptop in a local coffee house, which got me out of my room, but was an inconvenience. I hope they correct this one thing: everything else at Residenza D'Epoca was top-notch.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My sister and I were students at the Centro Fiorenza during two weeks. The school is on the same street and we found it very nice even to be able to take the coffea-break in our room when the kews to the two nearby cafés were too long.

The one thing we found annoying was the traffic from motor-bikes making unnessesary noise most nights.

If you are allergic you may find the wall-to-wall carpets disturbing.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family