“A fun lunch in Florence”
Review of Trattoria Buzzino

Trattoria Buzzino
Ranked #762 of 2,876 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I cannot believe the bad reviews for this place! My wife and I (definitely not locals) had a great lunch here that was enhanced by the interplay between the staff. What looked to be Dad and Son took care of the whole room- arguing all the time about everything the other one did or didn't do. But not once did they ignore us or any of the other guests. The diners were a mix of locals and tourists, but all seemed to be enjoying the food and the scene. Food was typical Trattoria Italian with a good house red and decent coffee.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went here because it looked like authentic Italian food. It is a family restaurant and the food was actually OK but they do not seem like they want to serve you if you are not Italian and they were rude and condescending, As the last few reviewers have written. I am pretty sure the owner/waiter was talking about us to the other Italian diners and mocking us. When I asked for cookies to go with the cappuccino we ordered he brought a bottle of vin santo to the table and a plate of cookies. When my husband stated that he didn't want any we were still billed for 2 vin santo. Really, I couldn't wait to get out of this restaurant.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I learnt a very expensive lesson here , check trip advisor first . A truly dreadful atmosphere , an ignorant , arrogant , rude and totally unhelpful waiter who I think is the owner is overseen by a an equally and useless son . The food is served or should I say chucked at you . Any bread not eaten goes back to the watching son , who then reserves it to other diners . The food is expensive and portions are small .
Don't go there !!! You will not have an authentic Italian experience . What you will get is a longing to eat up , pay the extortionate bill and get the hell out of this crap house .
I do hope the owner reads this , but I doubt it ! Believe me the best thing to happen is that the place is demolished and rebuilt as a public toilet , because at least it would then have some purpose and charm !!!!

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Lunch time....restaurant not full, but pleasantly peopled with families. I was intrigued by the pasta with rabbit. I was seated by a very rude young man, and then got a look at the owner. He must be the one that trains his waiters. What a loud, rude, unpleasant person! I did order the pasta with rabbit--and it was very good, but stone cold. When I mentioned this to the waiter (who, I grant, did come to check on how everything was), he offered to reheat it. The owner, in the background, muttered "What do you expect?" as if a hot meal was an unreasonable expectation. Although I said I didn't care to have the plate reheated, the waiter whisked it away and brought it back a couple of minutes later---scalding hot from the microwave. Not very clean and, ultimately, a rotten lunching experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I didn't know that restaurants like this still existed. Its one thing to have old world no nonsense charm and great home style cooking, and then there is this place ! We were quickly ushered into this place and were worried straight away that nobody was talking. It was like an old Clint Eastwood movie. The customers looked like they felt sorry for us. Then we found out why. The owner was pushing us to order very quickly and asked if I would like a wine. He only had one white wine and it was very weak and tasted like it was watered down. My wife ordered the grilled chicken and was asked if she wants a side dish of vegetables. The side dish consisted of a plate of mushy spinach, that was called a side dish of vegetables. It was obviously just thawed from a frozen packet. She then spotted a hair in her chicken. She pointed it out to the waiter who was about to pick it out when he decided to return it to the kitchen. 5 minutes later he dumped it back on the table and walked off. No apology, no nothing. Then we noticed the tablecloth had stains on it from previous meals and was covered up by a napkin.Very boring food,dirty linen, very rude service, no atmosphere, this place has it all !!!! Couldn't wait to get out.

1  Thank Donette62