“Make sure you visit!”

Ranked #121 of 2,877 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Description: The art of real neapolitan pizza
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Best Pizza in Florence and VERY affordable. We arrived at 11:30, and got a table, but by noon it was getting busy! I can see why!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,273)

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

It may be cheap, but that's the end of any positives here. Service and the arrival of the pizza was quick with a numbered ticket. Tables are crammed together and although we got one quickly, it was very uncomfortable.

The pizza itself was a total letdown with the Napoli tasting only of dried oregano. Each pizza had a soggy pool of mozzarella liquid and as a result, the base lacked crispness.

In the end, we took a couple of bites, threw the pizzas in the nearby bin and cut our losses. 16 Euros literally in the bin, but we had to leave.

I've had better pizza pretty much everywhere including, I really hate to say it, from Dominos. Avoid if you like great pizza. Listen to the hype if you want very cheap pizza.

4  Thank masaccio
Reviewed October 30, 2012

As some one who has lived here for 6 months, I've had a lot of pizza. This is hands down the best I've had in FLorence.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I heard about Gusta Pizza from several different people, including Italians, and they all had wonderful things to say about this restaurant. For starters, it's super cheap. Secondly, it has an authentic atmosphere, it's not at all 'touristy'. The pizzas are great, so tasty, and the ingredients are fresh. It's always packed, and they don't accept reservations, but everytime I went there (I study in Florence at the moment) I always had a place to seat, sometimes sharing the table with strangers, which is fun. Whenever I have visits over, I take them there!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

They do Pizza and they do it well.
Place your order as you enter and witin 5 minutes they place you at a table, most likely with others, and your eating a great pizza.
Do not linger too long, when it's busy and you have finished they will ask you to leave to make room for others.
Not a problem, its a bustling place and you strike up a cnversation with the others you share a table with.

Checked out thier Osteria around the corner another night, would recomend the meatballs, very good.