Florence Youth Hostel
$426
$379
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend in early December in an economy double. The location is perfect; it's very close to the Uffizi, Duomo, and many restaurants and shops (lots of good gelato places too!). I would say that the majority of sights you will wish to see while in Florence are within a 15 min walk. The best part of our stay was Francesco, the owner of the property. He is the friendliest person we met on our two week trip in Europe! He gave us very helpful tips on trains/transit information and several restaurant recommendations.

The accommodations are clean and minimalistic. You are given one set of towels that are changed every 3 days. In our economy double there was a sink in the room and the shower was right down the hall. There is free wifi and a couple of computers available for use in the common areas. There is a mandatory lockout starting at 10:30am for a couple of hours for cleaning but it wasn't a problem for us. The 2.50 euro breakfast served during the workday is fantastic. The breakfast consists of bread, croissants, juice, coffee, cereal, fruit, milk, yogurt and Francesco will personally make you eggs and ham/cheese sandwiches.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bwc940
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I've stayed at many different places in Florence over time, and this hostel is definitely at the top of my list. The staff was out-of-their-way nice and helpful. One of the staff even helped me carry my luggage up the stairs, which was not an easy job. The rooms were perfectly clean and quiet. My room had a sink and towels and a lot of extra blankets. And of course it is very conveniently located, close to all the big sites in Florence.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank traveler57110
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Overall awesome stay here. Great location two blocks to duomo. Owners are local and young and very friendly, they helped give us dinner and going out recommendations - try il Latino restaurant for best florentine steak ever! Rooms are very clean with sink and mini fridge, clean shared shower right outside door. Would def stay here again!

1  Thank blackcard2
Reviewed July 9, 2010

If you are travelling to Florence, then I would definitely recommend staying at Florence Youth Hostel!! It is perfectly located in the heart of Florence, close to all the must-see attractions and restaurants, it is super clean and tidy, but what makes this hostel better than the rest is the people who run it, they will go above and beyond to make your stay in Florence awesome!! A big thank you to Francesco and staff for making this our best hostel experience in Italy!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2010

The hostel was nice overall. It wasnt anything special but it was accomodating. The maids cleaned my room daily and always were there for my needs if I needed extra towels or toliet paper. It was good to have computers there but they were a little out dated. I liked that we got free breakfast tickets each morning to go to the local bakery, that was always nice. The rooms were fine and they were air conditioned which made it better. Overall it was a good experience there

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends