“stay away... find another place to stay”
Review of Central Beds

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Central Beds
Ranked #271 of 326 Specialty Lodging in Florence
Reviewed January 24, 2009

When I initially booked this place to stay I was very happy to find such a low rate. Upon arrival, however, I wished that I had booked elsewhere. First of all, for a tourist in Florence I don't think the location is great. It is at the northern extremity of the main sites (not horrible, but you can do better). Secondly, they treat their guests like crap. We were due to arrive at 5pm but they called me earlier in the day and said no one would be there when we arrive so we should call once we arrived in Florence so they could come let us in. We called when we arrived but they said they wouldn't be able to come then... and we would have to wait an hour and a half. So, we waited (what else were we to do?). They still didn't show up and then they stopped answering their phone. In the end, we had to stay elsewhere (which was better... we ended up finding a more central location for a similar price with a much nicer proprietor). But, to add insult to injury, they charged my credit card for not showing up though I most certainly did show up---they just never came to open their hotel. Obviously they don't want your business so take it elsewhere.

PS. I write both good and bad reviews (on TripAdvisor and elsewhere)... I do not use these comment sites only to complain. But there are so many other options in Florence, why stay here if you can do better?

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple