“Not that bad...”

Ranked #216 of 305 Specialty Lodging in Florence
Melbourne, Australia
“Not that bad...”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I was prepared for the worst... It actually wasn't that bad.
There are about 115 steps to the tip floor where most if us were. That SUCKED! - they do kick you out from 10 - 5 but they weren't that strict on it (some of us didn't leave till 11am - no problem) - also, why would you be at your hostel during those hours anyway?
The rooms are fine - nothing special. The common area/kitchen was great - sweeping veiws of Florence and the Duomo.
Best part was, they had free sangria parties each night and took us out to the local clubs for free! I'm sure they were being paid to get us there but who cares! Free booze!
Anyway, I'd probably stay here again - it alright value for money... And we make some good drinking buddies.

• Stayed July 2013

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I implore you: do NOT visit this Hostel. The location is fantastic, but that is absolutely all. I've been coming to Italy for many years and I have never had such a horrible experience. Yes, Italians are more physical and affectionate than most of us are used to, but there is a difference between that and what's going on in this hostel. I did not feel safe here and actually fled because one of the owners was becoming more and more "affectionate" and really didn't seem to understand what "no" meant. Besides that, the facilities are insufficient, the rooms bare and the beds bad. You're better off sleeping under one of the bridges.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Milan, Italy
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hostel has a good location, and that's where the positives end. The staff aren't very nice, they kick you out of the hostel all day, and give you one key for a huge group. Would definitely recommend finding somewhere else to stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The reason why this hostel gets 2 stars is because of its superb location. Other than that, there is no reason to stay here. The staff are rude and unhelpful. When I asked if there were walking tours of Florence he said that why would you need a walking tour, you can walk around Florence in 20 minutes. When I asked if he had any tips on getting tickets to the museum he told me to go to the museum. Thanks buddy. The rooms and bathrooms are okay but they are a significant flight of stairs up (no elevator). The wi-fi does not reach the rooms that are on the higher floors. They have this strange lock-out from 10am-5pm where essentially you must leave the room and can't use the common room or wi-fi. Would not return or recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was easily the WORST HOSTEL I've ever stayed in. The staff was rude and unhelpful. The hostel was EXTREMELY DIRTY despite the fact that you must leave the hostel every day from 10am until 5pm so they can "clean". The lockers for luggage were also broken. The beds had blankets that were visibly dirty and there was no top sheet. I asked for a top sheet and offered to pay for one but they said no. I ended up canceling my 2nd night and going elsewhere because it was so unsanitary.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Europe
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hostel, although it was in a great location I wouldn't recommend. The staff were less than enthusiastic and weren't all that helpful. The bedroom I stayed in slept four, and was tiny -no room for four big backpacks although I came with 3other friends, I couldn't imagine squeezing 4 random travellers in there. The one thing I did really enjoy about this backpackers was the free sangria Friday and Saturday night, it got all the travellers in the same one room to get to know each other then they took you out to a local karaoke bar which was a great night!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Upon arrival my friends and I were very excited to get to the hostel. It's in a great area and within walking distance for everything we wanted to do. Once upstairs (Lots of stairs and no elevator) we were met by less than enthusiastic staff. They showed us our room and immediately kicked us out. We had to leave our backpacks in an unlocked room some men were cleaning. We had to come back at five, and when we did we found other people's clothing in our room (creepy man clothes). The Internet didn't work in our room, after being told it would and the common room had quite time at 11, making it hard to use the Internet during the night. In the morning the check out time was crazy early and they only hold our bags until two (most hold it all night). So we had to carry our heavy backpacks to he train station and pay for a locker. When we went to pick up our bags at two, the staff rushed us out of the hostel again and wouldn't let us use the wifi to check out flights. I would not suggest staying here.

• Stayed April 2013