“Good location, but not worth it.”
Review of Eurostudent Home

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Eurostudent Home
Ranked #219 of 310 Specialty Lodging in Florence
“Good location, but not worth it.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at Eurostudent home, we were told to come back in an hour because the guy working reception had to finish watching his football game. After getting a room, we found there were no lockers to put our things, let alone any space at all really. The bathrooms are also super tiny and very dirty. The lock out from 10-5 is also really inconvenient. All in all, there are way better places to stay in Florence for the same if not better budget.

• Stayed April 2013

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'm pretty sure this place breaks at least half a dozen laws. 2 toilets for 30+ people probably spells overcrowding. We signed up for a 8-bed mixed dorm but ended up in a 10-bedder. One of the other rooms had 12. There is barely sufficient storage space, let alone living / breathing space.

They have a policy of no-one-under-the-age-of-40-allowed. Which I find ludicrous but hey, it's pretty clear what's going on. The owners stay in the hostel itself, and offer free Sangria on Friday and Saturday nights, then invite everyone out to a "free" club (which was pretty bad imo). Go figure.

Also, there's a "lock-out" period between 10am-5pm. Which they say is for cleaning. The hostel is indeed very clean when we get back, but it's just such a strange policy. I wouldn't be surprised if the hostel was used for illegal activities in the daytime. One afternoon we got back early to find them shifting mattresses & furniture in and out of the hostel (which is on the 4th floor?). I can't figure this one out.

Usually hostel owners shut people up for playing loud music. Here these guys come back at 2 am from the clubs then are up at 8am in the morning blasting club music. We figured that one of the reasons for the lockout was a daily hostelowner siesta.

Location is great, there's a convivial atmosphere for socialising (I guess if you cram 50 people in a room there's a fair amount that's bound to go on) and sometimes they cook you plain pasta for dinner. Otherwise, everything about this place spells W-E-I-R-D.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally bad
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Benchowjm

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Personally I enjoyed my stsying there. The location is perfect, the staff is very helpful, the beds are good, there is a kitchen everybody can use, and although there is only 2 bathrooms in the whole place I never had to wait in line to take a shower.
On the other hand, the baths and the rooms were not that clean, and the place is closed between 10:00-17:00 for cleaning.
To sum it all, If they improve the sanitation issue, They will deserve 5 out of 5 badges.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I found the hostel very easily from the station and right in the centre of town. Beds are comfortable, showers had hot water. Sangria night was awesome, great for meeting people and staff were friendly and took us to a free club. Price is very cheap for Florence.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Staff were friendly and very helpful, I arrived a day after I booked but they helped me sort it out. Sangria night is great for meeting people and we all went to a free club. Nice little kitchen to cook your own food. Beds were comfortable and you have a locker if you need it. Unbeatable value for money!

1 Thank Auzziechicka
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was on a really tight budget, and this was the cheapest hostel I could find for 7 nights. However, if you are like me and adjustable to all scenarios, then go. But I wouldn't recommend it. It was not very clean, and there were only 2 showers between like 30 people. One of my necklaces got stolen and my laptop charger, and when I asked the staff if either had been handed in they scolded me and said they couldn't and wouldn't help me. I understand it is ones responsibility to look after your possessions, that's fine, but I didn't appreciate they way they spoke to me about it. I've traveled a lot before and I know how to take care of myself. They had this weird system as well where everyone had to be out by 10am for 'cleaning' and when we would come back there was no sign that they had cleaned whatsoever. One of the staff was really creepy and would come in to wake us up and just stand there for like 10 minutes and stare at you. There was no elevator as well, not a big issue but when you have a heavy pack on your back, climbing 5 flights of stairs is not fun. Also, when I had checked out and was going to take my train, the guy let me out and then let me obviously struggle down the stairs without even offering to help, he actually stood in the door way and watched me almost fall down the stairs. The air conditioning was broken when I was there, not the biggest problem in the world for me personally, and they had tried to rectify it by implementing some rotary fans in every room which was good.

Besides all this, you cannot beat the location. It is just around the corner from Ponte Vecchio and 2 minutes walk from all major attractions. So this for me beat all else. However, the manner of the staff would definitely put me off staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Germany
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A lot of things in this hostel get out of control but anyway I had a great time because the nice, lovely people I met were worth it. On arrival nobody opened the door. After 15 minutes ringing and waiting a guest opened to me and told me the manager is sleeping. I left and came back in the afternoon again. Michele, the manager, did not receive my booking but I could stay anyway. The dorms were not lockable and a locker of my roommate was broken down. The sink in one bathroom was damaged and one night the water was coming up the drain. Another night a window in the staircase was broken. You have to line up for bathrooms because there are only two. One of them is so tiny that you have to put your feet in the shower when you´re sitting on the toilet. Michele is a great guy, always funny and cooking pasta every evening for the guests. The atmosphere is like in the movie “L´auberge espagnole”, no rules, you feel at home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo