“Excellence” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Profeta

Il Profeta
Ranked #431 of 2,660 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
“Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Personalized attention. Excellent veal con fungi and boar. Best meal on our trip through Italy so far.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Arezzo, Italy
“Even as a solo diner for lunch I was treated with respect and courtesy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I live in Arezzo, Italy but had an appointment in Florence in the early afternoon, but decided that lunch would be a good idea. I had been wandering around the Ognissanti area and came upon this restaurant,and thought it looked worth a try. It was almost too early for lunch in Italy 12.45 but even though I was the first there I thought it looked good enough, especially when I saw the desert 'il duomo' just coming out of the oven. (more later). The waiter was clear and courteous and gave good information on the food, oil and wine. We even joked about the qualities of the oil I produce here in Arezzo and his EVO Oil. The raviolo were delicious and after just an antipasto I had enough room for the wonderful il Duomo desert. An apple poached, then just wrapped in puff pastry - baked, the cooled and served on a bed on vanilla custard with a chocolate twist! Delicious. Well Done, il Profeta, I will be sending my guests to you in the future.

• Visited September 2013
Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
“The Best Meal EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am not one to write reviews, but this restaurant exceeded all expectations. The service was impeccable. Our waiter spoke at least five languages and approached us asking in each which was our preferred. It went on from there. He spoke to each of us individually, my husband, 16-yr old daughter, and 12-year old son. He highlighted various menu items explaining each completely. Throughout our meal, he brought us "freebies," small samples --"you must try this; this is a signature dish," etc. Everything he brought us was mouthwatering. We had a fabulous time. If I could give this 6 stars, I would. And the tiramisu was the best I've EVER had.

BTW, this was not only the best meal in Florence and Italy (we also travelled to Rome and Venice), this was the best meal I've had period.

So, go there. Make a reservation. It's a small place; everyone speaks English. Oh, and it is VERY unassuming from the outside. Nothing special façade, but on the inside...Yum, exquisite! Buon Appetit!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank April S
Charleston, South Carolina
“One of the best dining experiences of our lives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

A group of six visitors went to Il Profeta on the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed. The owner and his charming wife were in evidence throughout the meal, and his conversation and knowledge of the food was outstanding. If you have just one pasta dish at Il Profeta let it be the John Travolta special. The home made pasta combined with a secret recipe sauce was simply out of this world.

We can't wait to get back to Florence and dine at this restaurant again.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank cqsj1014
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“One of our best meals in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

A small place with a friendly staff who care about their customers. This was not flashy or slick, just very good! We had the Florentine T-Bone for two and it was fabulous! You won't spot the owner right away...because he is one of the waiters, up front with the customers! I am gluten free and they bent over backwards to accommodate me. A 10 minute stroll out of the tourist center of Florence, but well worth it!

• Visited August 2013