Locanda dei Poeti
Hotel Etrusca(Florence)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Victoria(Florence)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bthe main train stationconvention centerwalking distancesingle roomstayed for two nightscroissantsmajor sightsmartinaluggagehearthostskeysespressocupboardroomyeurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This would have got an excellent review except for a couple of things.
The neighbourhood can feel a little sketchy late in the evening, and the first night there was no hot water and no one around to address it until the morning.
Otherwise the place was great.

Room Tip: You have your choice of two bars to get your breakfast in the morning (they give you vouchers). We preferred "Cruise Bar" It was a little further to walk but the staff was a little more happy to see you and they had more variety in their pastries. Also fresh squeezed OJ.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank abcpastor
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed in the Locanda dei Poeti in April, Twin room. That's the only room left when I made the enquiry. So, do book the room as early as possible.
The room is very clean, nicely decorated, comfortable bed, quiet and well maintained.
The location is great. Near train station, market and walking distance to major attractions.
Thanks Martina for the recommendation for lunch and dining. Its nice to try the local traditional cooking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A wonderful little place that is a really easy (maybe 10 minute?) walk to the main (Santa Maria Novella) train station in Florence. Charming place with a kitchen and guest living area where you can help yourself to tea, coffee, and relax. Martina was very helpful in giving us tips on how to get around and made our reservations for us to see the Uffizi and the David statue. A lovely little home base in Florence - thank you to all there!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Location was great as it was mostly near everywhere. Walkable even to Uffizi museum.

Breakfast was a voucher for 2 cafes nearby but with very limited choices and is not fantastic.

Service was great as Irene and Martina gave much valuable advice on the attractions in Firenze.

Mosquitoes was a real problem as we got a lot of bites and we then realised why there was a mosquito 'racquet' in the room. We were then quite obsessed with killing mosquitoes most of the time.

Toilet was small but was not a problem for us, but the hot water was really unstable and the tap kept giving us cold water even though we turned to the extreme hot end.

Overall it was a decent stay but I think there can be improvements though.

Stayed as a couple.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed in this charming B&B for 4 nites, owned by Martina' family. She and her husband Lucca were very nice and friendly and recommended me where to dine and the best place I liked was "All Antico Ristoro Di Cambi". The B&B is small, the room and bathroom as well but comfortable enough for a single person. I had on first floor where the reception is, facing back which I requested to be a quiet room and am satisfied with it. The A/C was very good. There's a computer, free of used in living room, a nice small kitchen and refridgerator. On the way to B&B , you'll find groceries/small super market and across there's a bakery that opens about 7 am, good to prepare sandwiches. It's situated not far from train station and close to Old historic town. It's a walking distance to everywhere.. I felt very comfy and safe in this neighborhood. Felt like I'm in NYC , Martina's father shop is just next door (selling water, wine, Olive Oil, etc..) I have nothing to complain and would highly recommend it to anyone. One more thing I was able to leave my luggage with the B&B for some nights before heading to Milan and thought it was a nice gesture from Martina. Would I come back again, definitely yes!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo