“Incredible food, wine, and fun at an inexpensive price”
Review of Tuscan Trails

Tuscan Trails
Ranked #26 of 149 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily semi-private and private Tuscan wine tours and adventures. Florence's first and best wine tour of its kind. Tuscan Trails offers wine tours in the Chianti, Montalcino and Montepulciano regions (and others upon request). Enjoy one of our small, mixed group wine tours into the Chianti or create a private tour with just your group. Your guide is a native English speaking, bilingual resident of florence, fully licensed and trained as a sommelier in Tuscany. We can also provide driver and transfer services.
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I love wine so when my husband and I were planning our honeymoon and had a few days in Florence, the first thing I did was research Tuscan wine tours. Tuscan Trails had the best price by far and also terrific communication -- the company is run by Americans and so there isn't a language barrier to get over. The price is the same whether eight people are on the tour or just two, and several other group members ended up being sick on the day of our tour so my husband and I had a private tour of Tuscany for the entire day for less than what other tour companies were asking for one person for a half day!
Christina was our guide and she's fantastic. She's knowledgeable about wine and the history of the region and wineries and was really fun to spend the day with. The drive time between stops was never more than 30 minutes and we spent that time talking, laughing, and learning choice phrases in Italian :) The wine was great and we loved seeing old cantinas at each of the wineries. Lunch was also unbelievable -- it was by far one of the best meals on our entire trip. Unlimited food and wine! We had a really amazing day and would recommend Tuscan Trails to anyone visiting the Florence area.

Reviewed November 7, 2009

Just returned home from a week in Italy and our day on the Chianti tour through Tuscan Trails was definitely the highlight! Todd was our guide and he was great - very knowledgeable about wine, Italian history and culture. No matter what your experience with wine tasting is, you will definitely leave this tour knowing more about Italian wine and olives than before. The small tour size (we had 8) made it easy to ask questions and get around quickly. By the end of the 6 hour tour we were all like old friends. Both wineries were welcoming and gorgeous, even with the rainy weather we all got great photos of the countryside. There is no pressure to buy any wine but you will probably want to buy at least one bottle. And I can't say enough about the delicious lunch. It was family style and plentiful. This tour is really worth every penny. Make sure you bring a camera and a bottle of water for the van. You'll need to stay hydrated for all the larger-than-usual pours of wine!

Reviewed November 2, 2009

Tuscan Trails wine tour was a completely rewarding experience for me. Staying in the fast paced, tourist filled city center of Florence for two weeks, this day trip into the countryside with Tuscan Trails was definitely a great getaway. I loved that this tour was very personal, there were 8 of us in our group, and we were picked up by our very knowledgeable sommelier Cristina, and was personally driven to our vineyards CASTEL DE TREBBIO, and SELVAPIANA. It was nice to be driven in a small van, so we were able to see the towns up close, rather than be brought on a train, or a big tour bus, where we wouldn't get a chance to ask questions, or actually see the towns up close. Drinking wine was not the only thing we did while on this day trip, we learned about the vineyard itself, we met the people who own the vineyard, we tried Tuscan olive oil, and were brought into these peoples homes. It was such a great opportunity. We were able to buy wine, olive oil, and also soaps, and lotions in their little gift shop. After we went to our first vineyard, we had the most delicious lunch I have ever had in my life. (I used to go to school in Florence, so this really says a lot, because I have had hundreds of Italian meals). From the antipasti, the pasta, and the desserts, I can't choose a favorite part of lunch, It was all delicious. It was great to try some different types of foods. My mom loved the crostini with sweet onions on top, and the chef actually told her how to make it. Everyone was so nice. After lunch we were brought to our second vineyard, and we were taken all over the grounds, and got to see some really vintage wine, and of course tasted more wine, and olive oil.
Our day trip came to a close at around 5pm, and I really did not want it to end.
I have been to Italy about 10 times, used to go to school in Florence, and was there for this particular trip for 3 weeks, and this day was my favorite memory in Italy that I have ever had. I loved every moment from beginning to end, and there is NOT ONE thing I would change. It was GREAT.
I want to thank TODD for helping us in booking this trip, he was very fast with his replies when I emailed him, and was extremely helpful in all I needed to know.
I really want to also thank CRISTINA for being the best sommelier, and tour guide. She completely exceeded my expectations, and I want to personally thank her for a perfect day. All of our questions were answered, we had lots of laughs, and I will definitely be going on this tour again, and requesting CRISTINA as well.

Thank you Tuscan trails for a truly enriching experience that I will NEVER forget.
-Marisa
Long Island, NY

2  Thank Welcom2paradise
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Todd was our tour guide. I have to start by saying what an amazing job he did. He was great with email communication before our trip. We came in on a cruise line in Livorno and had to catch a train to Florence. He did a great job giving us directions to the meeting point and also assured us he would get us back on time. He even called a cab for us to take us back to the train station!

We knew nothing about wine coming into this trip. I mean beside that their is red and white and white is chilled and red is not.....we knew nothing. I could count the times I have tasted wine before this trip on one hand. The knowledge that Todd shared was fascinating. He was very personable and was very patient with questions we all had.

This tour is a must do. The scenery and lunch alone was worth the 75 Euro.

Reviewed October 23, 2009

We took this wine tour in Oct. 2009. Todd was very easy to book with and very nice. Christina was our guide and she was great. She was very informative and fun. The small group was nice. We had a great lunch while on the tour and it was one of our best meals of the whole trip. I would recommend this tour to anyone!