“Winter in Tuscany”
Review of Tuscan Trails

Tuscan Trails
Ranked #20 of 138 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily semi-private and private Tuscan wine tours and adventures. Florence's first and best wine tour of its kind. Tuscan Trails offers wine tours in the Chianti, Montalcino and Montepulciano regions (and others upon request). Enjoy one of our small, mixed group wine tours into the Chianti or create a private tour with just your group. Your guide is a native English speaking, bilingual resident of florence, fully licensed and trained as a sommelier in Tuscany. We can also provide driver and transfer services.
Los Angeles, California
“Winter in Tuscany”
Reviewed February 9, 2009

My wife, son, and I spent a day with Tuscan Trails which ranked as the highlight of our trip to Tuscany. We will be sure to remember it forever.
Todd's wonderful stories about Tuscany were only surpassed by his unsurpassed knowledge about wine. He was wonderfully patient as we peppered him with question after question about wine, olive oil and Tuscany.
The two wineries were filled with character and lunch was delicious with a full delicious bottle of Chianti.
An unbelievable day and unbelieveable value for the money.

Thanks Todd!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tuscany Wine Tour”
Reviewed December 9, 2008

My husband and I, along with two friends, set up a private day tour with Todd to visit a few wineries in the region where we were staying....Anghiari. We visited Montepulciano and Montalcino. Todd picked us up in a comfortable van early that morning and we hit the road. The wineries were FANTASTIC. We had very large tastings and about four to five at each of the wineries. Lunch was included and we ate at this marvelous little place in the countryside with a fantastic view and delicious food. Depending on your location, beware that there can be a lot of driving. It's definitely not like hitting a bunch of wineries in Napa. They are fairly far apart in this region. Chianti proper may be a bit easier but we enjoyed doing something less touristy. Todd was a fantastic guide who was really friendly and enjoyable to be around...not a pretentious wine tour at all. We truly learned a lot and thought the day was one of the best of our two week trip. I would do it again in a heartbeat...probably something with more wineries and closer together to get more tasting in! It was just a wonderful way to see the countryside and learn about wine at the same time. I just recommended Todd to a few other friends for his tour out of Florence. I've heard the group Chianti tours from Florence are quite nice as well.

Sudbury, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Great WIne Tour! Highlight of our Vacation”
Reviewed November 26, 2008

We had a great time on our Wine Tour. We were a little concerned at first since the price was so cheap (75 Euro each) compared to other tour companies. The tour was everything we were hoping for and them some! We were picked up around 10 am near the Ponte Vecchio bridge in a nice Van. There was us and one other couple on the tour. We had a great guide who was from the States. She was wonderful. Todd, the owner was very prompt at responding to our emails. We was so prompt in fact it was almost scary. We would email him and 5 minutes later we would get a response. We went to 2 wineries and sampled some great wine and even got to sample some unbelievable Olive oil. We can't eat the stuff they have back at home anymore. After our visit to the first winery we went for an amazing lunch in tuscany. The food was probably the best we ate on our entire 14 day trip in italy. The liver patte was to die for and the tortellini was the best pasta I ever ate. After lunch we went to the second winery were we got to see where they make the wine and the oak barrels they store it in. We also got to go down to the cellar and see wines that were 50 and 60 years old. It was simply a wonderful experience and I would definatively recommend anyone to go on this tour. The price is unbelievably good for what you get. Most other companies are charging 100 euro or more each.

San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Couldn't have been better!!!”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I was a bit nervous booking with Tuscan Trails as their price was so low, but the day spent on this tour was one of the highlights of my trip. I emailed with Todd directly and it was so easy to book. Todd was also the tour guide and he really made the trip. I can't recall all of the names of the places we visited but we drove for about an hour into the Chianti region. I could have just driven around for hours enjoying the sights, the countryside was beautiful. We arrived at the first winery, a beautiful large and old family winery and tasted some fabulous white and red wines as well as olive oil. The next stop was at a family run farm and bed and breakfast for lunch (and more wine). The food was amazing and everyone else on the tour was so much fun, a very enjoyable lunch. Next we drove a bit further to the 3rd and final winery. As I said Todd really made this day, he is so knowledgeable and passionate about wine and the area, I learned so much and have to thank Todd for being so patient. I must have asked him a million questions and driven him crazy all day. Thank you Todd and Tuscan Trails, everyone who visits Florence and enjoys wine should take this tour.

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A highlight of our honeymoon”
Reviewed November 4, 2008

We had a fantastic time with our guide Christina on our Tuscan Trails trip to two Chianti-region wineries. She was very knowledgable and fun...she seamlessly spoke to us in English and spoke to the locals in Italian. This tour was definitely one the highlights of our honeymoon to Paris and Italy. We had lunch between the winery tours at a wonderful little restaurant--I'm still talking about the amazing gorgonzola ravioli and Pecorino cheese we had there. Thanks, Christina, for a great day in the Tuscan countryside!

1 Thank NYCNewlyweds