“Great day in wine country”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tuscan Trails

Tuscan Trails
Ranked #18 of 134 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily semi-private and private Tuscan wine tours and adventures. Florence's first and best wine tour of its kind. Tuscan Trails offers wine tours in the Chianti, Montalcino and Montepulciano regions (and others upon request). Enjoy one of our small, mixed group wine tours into the Chianti or create a private tour with just your group. Your guide is a native English speaking, bilingual resident of florence, fully licensed and trained as a sommelier in Tuscany. We can also provide driver and transfer services.
Nashville, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day in wine country”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Our day with Todd was awesome. This is more than a wine tour. Todd's knowledge of not only the wines; but the wine making process, regional agriculture, and local history is unmatched! As an American living in Italy, he offers a unique prospective into Italian culture and nuances that you will not get with other tours. He provided several tips that we used throughout the remainder of our stay. Todd was also helpful with several local restaurant recommendations and transportation back to the airport. Do not miss this opportunity!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank rdesru

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great Day”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Todd was a delight to be around and made our day very memorable. He took us to the region of Montalcino. His knowledge of the area and nuances of the wines are second to none. I have recommended him to 1/2 a dozen people in the 24 hours since we got back from our tour.

Thank you Todd, it was a great day. Also thank you for the tips on the restaurants and Siena.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Alex I
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Todd delivers once again!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had the opportunity to meet Todd during a visit with friends in 2011 and it was one of my best days in Italy. So it was easy to book another tour when my husband and friends decided we needed to visit Tuscany in 2013. Todd once again delivered a memorable day - made it to our top 3 of the entire trip. His knowledge of the region (history, wine, geography, politics) was capitvating and his tailoring of the trip for our private group of 4 hit the mark. One of our friends is a wine rep for a major distributor in Canada and did not have a lot of experience with Brunellos - he does now. Thank you Todd and Tuscan trails for a great day of wine, scenery, food (#1 on our list for best meals) and great conversation. I can't recommend Todd enough to anyone going to Italy. And I mean this, I give his details to anyone that is even considering a trip to Tuscany! Look forward to a repeat in 2015.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Italichan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I'm a little late writing this but my wife and I spent a day with Todd on our honeymoon last April. We were the only two who had signed up that particular day so we had our own private tour. Todd is an ex-pat so it was really interesting talking to him about the culture difference and he really knows his history. Our tour started with a winery in a castle, then lunch, then another family-run winery at a villa. I'll do it again if I ever go back!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tommy S
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful day in the hills of Tuscany!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I found Todd on Trip Advisor and immediately reached out to get more information. He was very detailed and prompt with his responses. The tour consisted of our group only which was 5 people and we went to 2 wonderful, family run wineries in the Chainti region. Not only was Todd informative about the wineries but he gave us history on Florence as well. I have never been on such an informative, fun wine tour! These were not like the wineries in the states where you have crowds of people line up for tastings, we were the only people at the wineries having our own private tasting and tours. It was an amazing experience. Lunch was equally as fabulous! Go with Tuscan Trails and you will not be disappointed!! Thanks again Todd!!

Visited February 2014