“If you only take one tour in Italy...”
Review of Tuscan Trails

Tuscan Trails
Ranked #24 of 142 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily semi-private and private Tuscan wine tours and adventures. Florence's first and best wine tour of its kind. Tuscan Trails offers wine tours in the Chianti, Montalcino and Montepulciano regions (and others upon request). Enjoy one of our small, mixed group wine tours into the Chianti or create a private tour with just your group. Your guide is a native English speaking, bilingual resident of florence, fully licensed and trained as a sommelier in Tuscany. We can also provide driver and transfer services.
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If you only take one tour in Italy...”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I can't say enough about our Chianti tour with Todd. My husband and I spent the day with Todd and one other couple, and we had an amazing experience. Todd is knowledgeable and funny and has a great rapport with the owners of the wineries we visited. At the second winery, they let us taste a wide variety of wines (more than usual, apparently, and vintage wines to boot) because the wines were already out - lucky us! Todd taught us a lot about wine and wine-making without ever making the discussion seem tedious, and lunch at a local restaurant was one of our best meals on our trip to Italy. This was absolutely my favorite tour of our entire trip to Italy!

Vancouver, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Better Than I Thought It Would Be......”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Todd made this tour fun and very informative!! I was afraid we were going to stop at 4-5 wineries and it would all become repetitive!! Not the case, two really good wineries, a great lunch and some sight-seeing. Todd's a fun likeable guy who knows his stuff. He even took the time to answer mega questions about any and everything to do with Italy being fired at him from all 12 of us.

Chicago, IL
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“A must when in Florence!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had an amazing time! Todd was so knowledgeable and friendly he really made the trip!!! We were met along the river in Florence were we met up with several other couples to enjoy the day. And enjoy we did.... the scenery was amazing..... pictures do not do it justice. Our first winery of the day was amazing old castle from the 1200's. After a tour with some of the oldest wine bottles I have ever seen and coolest caves we tasted their amazing wine.... and amazing it was. We then went to a local restaurant where the food was incredible.... the best mozzarella I have ever had. From there we headed to the 2nd winery and this did not disappoint.... the wines were fabulous and Todd was the perfect guide. This is a MUST!!!

New York City, New York
“"The highlight of our trip"”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The highlight of our trip was hiring Todd Bolton from "Tuscan Trails" to take our group of 8 on a private wine tour. He was super knowledgable and very personable. If the wines were not enough to impress, he arranged lunch at a local restaurant where the food was incredible. He took us to places that were "off the tourist path". I would highly recommend him to anyone visiting Tuscany! K & V Moore, New York

Visited July 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We spent a really enjoyable day on this trip. Todd is very knowledgeable and friendly and having been on several wine tours in the past, I felt this was one I learnt the most from.
The wines were interesting and chosen well to explain the processes involved in making them.
Lunch was delicious and the views from everywhere we went were beautiful!
I would certainly recommend this trip - we learnt a lot, tasted wonderful wines and olive oil in a genuinely pleasant atmosphere.

Visited August 2013