“Fantastic Day in Tuscany with Tuscan Trails!”
Review of Tuscan Trails

Tuscan Trails
Ranked #24 of 142 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily semi-private and private Tuscan wine tours and adventures. Florence's first and best wine tour of its kind. Tuscan Trails offers wine tours in the Chianti, Montalcino and Montepulciano regions (and others upon request). Enjoy one of our small, mixed group wine tours into the Chianti or create a private tour with just your group. Your guide is a native English speaking, bilingual resident of florence, fully licensed and trained as a sommelier in Tuscany. We can also provide driver and transfer services.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our day could not have been better. Three couples traveling through Italy - all with different ideas and tastes - all unanimously loved this day. From the beautiful wineries (especially Castello Romitorrio), to the historic monastery, to the quaint and charming town of Montalcino - we could not have asked for more. Our lunch at Trattoria Il Leccio was one of our best meals in Italy, and Todd's knowledge of the area and Italian wine made the day both enjoyable and informative. Todd is a great guide, able to customize his tours to match your wishes and your group's tastes, and he truly loves the Italian countryside and culture. I would highly recommend Tuscan Trails to all!

There are newer reviews for Tuscan Trails

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Absolutely loved Todd's tour!!! The day was awesome, very relaxing tour of two great wineries. Lunch was great and of course the wine was wonderful. Todd's knowledge of the region and of wine is extremely impressive and my wife and I would HIGHLY recommend this tour. We spent a week in Florence and did a ton of cool things and this is definitely one of the best things we did while in Florence.

Thanks Todd!

1  Thank Matt D
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I had a great time with Todd. He's American, so no language barrier. There is absolutely no pressure to buy anything at the wineries. I bought six bottles of wine (two of which are in my basement) and some olive oil. The lunch in a little out-of-the way restaurant was excellant. And I learned SO much about Italian wine and Tuscany history. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Myself and a buddy booked a tour with Todd. We had a great time touring the two small wineries. Todd provided some history on each location and it was very interesting. He was very knowledgable about the wine and provided us with great information on the types of grapes and the exact climate of their growth. Lunch was excellent, the food and wine fantastic.

I bought several cases of wine and Todd took care of everything, I accidenlty left my olive oil in the car and Todd even had that shipped for me when he didn't have to do it.

Great tour highly recommended!!!! Will use Todd again when I return.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I made a return trip to Florence and booked another wine tour with Tuscan Trails. This was our second experience with this company and, once again, they did not disappoint. Three other couples joined us on a tour of Chianti, conducted by the tour company owner (Todd). We went to two wineries (castles actually) and tasted great Sangiovese wine and toured the facility. In between the two wineries, we had a fabulous lunch at an outdoor restaurant.

At one of the wineries, Todd explained that the castle once belonged to the Pazzi family, who tried to assinate the Medicis back in the fifteenth century. As we toured the castle and tasted the wine from their vineyards, I could almost imagine the scene Todd described of the secret meetings the Pazzis had as they planned their conspiracy with the help of a Pope.

A great tour, with great wine and interesting history. I'd recommend Tuscan Trails to anyone.