“Hostel prison-like”
Review of ISH Florence

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
ISH Florence
Ranked #624 of 672 Florence B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Hostel prison-like”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Both reviews of this horrendous hostel are correct. The "Guesthouse" is a super minimal place with a rude owner. The website lists "frescoes" and "hand-made furniture" and supposedly the owner lives at the site. Our room was tiny, with metal bed frames and nowhere to put anything; the owner left keys (one for the bath, one for the kitchen, one for the front door....hence, "prison") and a note but was neither available to turn on the air-conditioning, which costs extra, nor for towels. The noise from the street below caused me to lose sleep. The blankets looked as though they had been used by street folks. I contacted Cross-Pollinate, who listed the place; the owner said that he had personally recommended the hostel to friends. I will not deal with either company again and will advise others to avoid them as well. We had great results with airb&b and are currently in a fabulous place in Venice listed through that company.

Room Tip: Do not book this place at all.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
France
Reviewed December 9, 2008

When we arrived, the man at the reception pretended we had not paid. He called the owner of the hostel who told me I was a "liar" ! We had to call the office of the website on which we had booked the hostel (which was supposed to be a bed and breakfast, but is just an ugly dirty hostel with a rude owner ) . Of course they refused to let us call from the landline. We had to call the USA from our french mobile. We wasted 2 hours proving to these rude people that we had paid, and finally there was no place for us ! They brought us to an old lady's who rents rooms in the same street. It was cold, dirty.

How dissapointing !!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed September 26, 2008

I am not in favor of bad reviews, but I feel it's fair to share with others dishonesty of the owner of ISH Florence. According to their website, they offer 10% discount plus 2 Euros commission reimbursement if booking is done directly through their website. I did make reservation through their website. However, the owner of the hostel refused to honor the discount promised on his website. As a matter of fact, he didn’t even know what discount I was talking about. Even when I asked him to login to his website and pointed to the page that clearly states their “special offer” he still refused to honor it.

I was not going to waste my vacation time for a few Euros, but I think travelers should know of dishonesty of the owner and make their plans accordingly. I do want to acknowledge that the room was OK and Giuseppe (the guy at the reception) was helpful.

• Stayed September 2008