“Felt like we were visiting an old friend” 5 of 5 bubbles

B&B Monte Oliveto
Ranked #15 of 653 Florence B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Felt like we were visiting an old friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

B & B Monte Oliveto is a priceless gem in Florence. Donatella, and her husband, are welcoming, kind, and excellent hosts. The room was lovely and inviting, and breakfast was varied and delicious. the food was traditional Italian fare and a pleasure to experience. Donatella was available for restuaurant suggestions, transportation information and other answers to our questions. With hurricane Sandy raging at the East coast of the US, we had computer availability for following the storm, checking in with friends at home, and monitoring the status of our return flight. The B & B is located outside the central area of Florence, but travel by bus or taxi is certainly easy. Thank you Donatella, for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank calicocate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My stay at B&B Monte Oliveto was amazing. I was here for 5 nights with other family members and we had a great time. The B&B was VERY clean, really spacious, had great outside seating areas and exceeded my expectations. Donatella, the owner, was really nice, helpful with finding our way around the city and she spoke English as well which really helped. I have been to Florence many times and this is better than any hostel or hotel that I have stayed in. It was really nice coming home after a long day to a clean room! We found the location of the B&B very convenient and we never had to take a cab or a bus anywhere. I highly recommend Donatella's B&B if you are staying in Florence!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GADawg08
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We recently stayed with Donatella for a family and friend reunion in Florence and couldn't have asked for better accomodations. The house and facilities were perfectly maintained and Donatella was a gracious and helpful host.

1 Thank Jen S
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently travelled solo to Florence and had the pleasure of staying at the quaint Monte Oliveto. Donatella was a most gracious host providing a lovely breakfast each morning on the terrace with delicious fresh baked goods and freshly made juices with herbs from her garden. My room was well appointed and very clean. The view to the terrace below my room was the perfect way to awake to a cup of coffee in my room. The home is located on a quiet residential street that is easy walking distance to all of the sites in Florence. I especially loved the morning walk thru the streets of San Spirito. Donatella made excellent recommendations for local restaurants and gelato spots to make my visit a more "local" experience rather than just a "tourist" experience. I will definitely stay again at Monte Oliveto when I next travel to Florence. Thank you so much Donatella for a perfect Florence visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank acm110
Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a great find this was thanks to Tripadvisor! We stayed in the apartment at the top of the house for 5 nights and really enjoyed it. We had a great welcome from Donatella, who showed us all the good places to visit plus recommended restaurants. Her favourite restaurant was certainly our favourite too! The house is beautifully kept and very clean. Our room had a separate kitchen and a gorgeous bathroom. The balcony looked out over the hill at the back of the house, and we so enjoyed resting there after a long day sightseeing. It was so peaceful all the time, and the garden where we sat and shared breakfasts with fellow guests was delightful. We really felt at home there and I would go back gladly!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank margles51
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife Lesley and I had a delightful time staying with Donatella at the Monte Oliveto. We stayed on the top floor and loved it. The B&B is on a quiet neighborhood street which we really appreciated. It is an easy walk to everything. Breakfast with Donatella and the other guests in the morning was great. She knows her painting and it was delightful comparing notes. She offers yummy food with local ingredients and plenty of coffee, the best. Their is a small grocery store one block away which was quite handy and a wonderful local cafe (Alla Vecchia Bettola) also nearby. Eat the penne, you will be in love. We already miss being there. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool so ignore the misleading rating above. I could not delete the rating. Th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I lived in Florence in the 1970's and try to go back every few years with my wife. Just recently I hosted a party for 75 of my "old" Italian friends and took my 3 children and 2 members of my wife's family in South Africa. This was the first time I ever stayed here and would DEFINITELY go back and highly recommend it for any visitor to Firenze. Donatella is great-----courteous, helpful, not hassled even if you arrive late night, great breakfasts (ask her for eggs or crepes!!), glad to help with directions, maps etc ....It's perfect for a single traveller or up to 8/9 people since there are several rooms in the B&B...Very quiet and only 20-30 minute walk to the city center----or convenient bus if you prefer---Two excellent restaurants very close by--Pandemonium and Napoleaone; not cheap but great food!!--If you need a taxi at any hour, Donatella will reserve one for you. If you choose to stay here, tell her hello from Bill and Charmaine in Atlanta!!!