“Perfect!”

B&B Monte Oliveto
Ranked #2 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 29, 2011

EXCELLENT Bed & Breakfast. Great location, nice sorroundings, clean & quiet rooms, good breakfast and most of all, sympathic, helpful and generous hosts Thank you to Donatella and Nicolo. I really enjoyed my stay and I highly recommend this bed and breakfast. Hope to come back again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Great Central Location though still nice and quiet.Fantastic family Atmosphere! Every Thing is obviously done with Love and great Care. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very good B&B. Nice room, clean, with space... The house is wonderful and the woman also... Hospital greeting, always smiling and enjoyed, she cook the breakfast by her own.
So, go to B&B Monte Oliveto and enjoy it !!

Bravo !

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The house is beautiful, the sorroundings are silent and pleasant, the rooms are tidy, clean, and beautifuly decorated. Donatella (the owner) is a very helpful and sweet person and she did EVERYTHING to make our stay magic. The neighborhood is really charming and if you like walking you can perfectly do everything on foot from there cause the walking in very easy and the terrain flat. In the neighborhood you can find amazing Italian food restaurants with no tourists at all and of course, better prices. I had been to Florence before and stayed close to the Duomo and the touristic spots. However, after staying a bit away from all of that I got a way better Florence experience.
Breakfast is really good and full of local special breads and jams...
Bathroom and room were spacious and faced the beautiful garden behind the house.
There is air conditioning and if something is missing I'm sure Donatella will always be there for you.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the back garden
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We couldn't have enjoyed out stay in Florence any more than we did. Monte Oliveto was beautiful. The rooms were clean, with a nice view of the garden in the backyard. Breakfast was very good and served in a very picturesque walled garden in the backyard. We found the location to be excellent: only a short walk to the centre of the city, but buses were available as well. Donnatella had all the information we needed for buses and site. She couldn't have been more helpful. It was a pleasure to meet her. I would reccommend this place to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I can highly recommend this B & B. I now stayed there for the second time after three years and the house offered the same qualitity (first to mention the friendliness of the owners, the cleanliness of the rooms, the good breakfast with homemade cakes). Donatella and Nicolo gave me a warm welcome and offered their help concerning interesting trips at Florence and surrounding. There is a nice icecream shop at the corner, restaurants and the city centre of Florence are within walking distance or can easily be reached by bus.
I will surely return. Thank you very much, Donatella and Nicolo!

Room Tip: The rooms to the garden offer the best view
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2011

As a seasoned traveler, I knew where I wanted to begin my 9 year old granddaughter's international travel experiences - Florence. I wanted her to have Italian experiences not just be a tourist running from one souvenier stand to another. B&B Monte Oliveto is in a neighborhood where we shopped for our evening groceries. In the cool of the morning, after one of Donatella's fabulous and filling breakfasts, we walked to the center of Florence. Armed with the newest city / museum guide & map provided by the B&B, we toured the museums where we had reservations (a must!) then lunch was gelato! The afternoon consisted of visiting some inexpensive / kid friendly sites: the hands-on Da Vinci museum, the Casa Fiorentina Antica or the Ferragamo shoe museum (9 year old girls love this!) or simply enjoying the coolness of the many neighborhood churches. We would walk home as the fruit stands and shops were closing, hurrying to select our evening meal. With the guidance of Donatella, we saw the parade for the Patron Saint, John the Baptist, fireworks over the Arno, participated in the White Night festival where shops remained open and local vendor set up festival areas in plazas for feasts on local foods and entertainment. Our next weeks travel was Venice, where I heard my granddaughter lament, " I miss Donatella's house." (B&B Monte Oliveto) In Venice, we saw our new friends (other travelers) from the Florence B&B! If you are interested in an American hotel with those experiences and foods, the B&B Monte Oliveto is NOT for you. If you want to learn to love Italy, this is the place. My granddaughter has promised to take ME back to Florence when she is older.

Room Tip: I viewed the accommondations on and selected a room for us. I needed a balcony for dining and a kit...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family