“Great pizza, not friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Pizzaiuolo

Il Pizzaiuolo
Ranked #203 of 2,680 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
San Francisco, California
“Great pizza, not friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We went here on a recommendation by a hotel concierge that used to work there. It was very busy even though we there in the off season. It seems to be popular with locals which was good to see, because I was getting tired of mediocre "only for tourists" food.

The service was not so friendly-the waitress definitely seemed to have an "eat and get out" attitude-though she was really hard to find when we were ready for the check.

Bottom line: expect great pizza, but that's all.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The best Margherita Pizza in Firenze”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was told by my relative who is a frequent Firenze business traveler to check out this restaurant and ordered a take away margherita for lunch. by far the best pizza I've tasted without breaking my bank. Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank pixiedaisie
Austin, Texas
“Renowned among local(s)!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our friend, who lives in Florence, said this was his absolute favorite pizza place, which, besides the point, drew a bit of controversy between him and our other friends who had differing opinions! Anyways we were all a bit skeptical after trying this other amazing pizza place, but our friend was determined to change our mind, so we went. We had a great time, the service was awesome and the food was just as good. I ordered the wrong thing on the menu because, being the ill-advised tourist I was, did not yet comprehend that every pizza did not include tomato sauce! My friend's pepperonish pizza was excellent and I recommend that to anyone who likes food. :)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Shemscott
Boston, Massachusetts
“Busy, busy, busy trattoria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Party consumed pizza and pasta. My pasta was a small portion well executed, but not as good as my dinner choice in size and caliber. Pizzas were well made by a clearly devout maker who's every move could be choreographed in a special cantilevered mirror above him. Next to a local farmer's market that was quite lively on midday Saturday.

Recommended by condo owner as a good local choice. On the east end of downtown district. I don't believe one could go wrong eating here.

• Visited March 2014
Θεσσαλονίκη, Ελλάδα
“Excellent choice!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We went there after friend suggestions! Definetely worth visiting! We tried pizza bomba, mozzarella fritta, insalata caprese, gnocchi di patata and 1pasta con olive e cappero in the end we took one of the best tiramisu i ever tasted (and i have tried a lot!!!) go of you want to taste really good italian food (i suggest you should reserve a table!)