“Excellent food. Highly recommend a visit!”
Review of Il Guscio

Il Guscio
Ranked #354 of 2,712 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
“Excellent food. Highly recommend a visit!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am avid user of Tripadvisor and relied entirely on the reviews to find a restaurant in Florence. I am pleased to say they did not disappoint.

Il Guscio is a real locals restaurant- off the tourist track and about 10mins from Ponte Vecchio. Do not be tempted to stop at the rather lovely looking restaurants on via santo spirito & borgo San frediano as Il Guiscio is well worth the walk.

My husband and I had a lovely meal - the best pasta dish we've had during our two week stay in Italy. The fillet mignon was to die for and was served with a simple spinach salad. The mushroom risotto was tasty.

We had primi & secondi courses, with a bottle of wine & coffees- the bill was around 90 euro inc cover. However my husband, as usual, chose the most expensive item on the menu. You could reasonably have two courses, wine & coffee for 80.

You could tell the restaurant was great because even on a Tuesday evening it was full of local people enjoying fantastic food. I wouldn't describe it as a romantic restaurant (dimly lit etc) but there was a lovely atmosphere.

I highly recommend a visit!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank spurdy

• Greek first
Boulder, Colorado
“Delicious Neighborhood Restaurant”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I shared a delicious, though huge, Florentine steak here preceded by a fresh salad. The restaurant was at the end of our street where we had rented an apartment for a week. We felt like we had left the tourist filled streets of Florence and entered a more authentic neighborhood. The streets are home to small workshops making jewelry, frames and cabinetry, as well as the local grocer, fruit and vegetable stall, pharmacy, and bakery. Il Guscio had a small outdoor patio in front of the restaurant and a larger dining area. The staff were all welcoming and helpful and we knew what we were getting into by ordering this huge, thick, t-bone cooked traditionally. The meat was delicious and it was recommended that we share this 1 kilo treat of chianini beef. We ordered some roasted potatoes as well as fresh spinach and the meal was perfect.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank vegaspali
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious fare in Florence”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Everything we had was delicious, most especially the truffle pasta. While it was not cheap, it was very reasonable considering the quality of the food. And the waitress was lovely. I highly recommend this place. Great seafood, wonderful pasta.

• Visited July 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Perfect place to eat amazing local food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Couldn't pull out the three course italian menu (I wonder how they manage), so had pasta and meat, both were brilliant. Some classic dishes, some more original and some local, you'll definitely find one that will make you very happy - not even regretting not being able to move for a while after you're done. Reservation is recommended although we were lucky and had to wait 15min for a table, regardless of the season locals eat there and is usually full...

• Visited June 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Best restaurant of Florence (and perhaps of the world)”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been here many times, ordered many different things and was never disappointed.
My favorites: Tuna and Risotto
Staff is very friendly
It's a little bit outside the centre, you need to know the way, it's a quiet street.
Not the most authentic interior but the food compensates all.

• Visited March 2013