“Great atmosphere”
Review of Coquinarius

Coquinarius
Reserve with
Coquinarius is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 2,850 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: Storica Enoteca Del Centro Citta. Ideale per viaggiatori solitari e poetiche famiglie!!!!
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went here late on March 22 after a bad experience the night before at Cinghiale Bianco.
Much better.
Table spacing was such that you weren't on top of other people. Had 'meat rolls' for 1st course which were very good. And pasta with rabbit for main course. Wife also enjoyed both her courses

1  Thank Chris M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was our first meal after we landed in Italy and we were happy to start our week's vacation with lunch at Coquinarius. The restaurant is small, casual and pretty, on a tiny little street near the Duomo. Salads were fresh and delicious as was the pear ravioli. We did not have a reservation so were seated at a communal table in the center of the restaurant. Service was a bit indifferent, but we were so tired we didn't care! I will definitely go back on our next trip.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had lunch here as someone recommended it to us. The service was fine, and the food was fine, the place is fine, but due to its location behind the Duomo, we felt it was overpriced. We ate better elsewhere during our stay for less money.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I saw some recent negative reviews, so decided to put in my two cents. My wife and I went there two days ago and we loved it. There were many positives, but also some negatives, so here is the scoop. First of all, the most enjoyable part of the restaurant is the ambiance. This was the most inviting restaurant that I have been to in my 9 days in Florence, bar none. The restaurant apparently recently moved to a new venue - 3 doors down (11 via del oche), and the new venue is open and spacious. It has tall romanesque arched ceilings, and a rustic design with simply wooden tables that are spaced in a roomy manner. If you sit on a bench against the wall, the seats have padded backs that drape from the wall. Next the food - we had spinach/ricotta ravioli (they offer the famous pear/ricotta ravioli, but we had that the night before so opted against it - the people next to us had it and loved it), an arugula salad and duck with orange sauce; the food was scrumptious but (as mentioned by the prior reviews) not entirely different than what one gets at other restaurants........still, quite well done. There are two waiter/owners. A man and a woman. The man is "to die for" wonderful, and the woman is disappointing. First the guy - enthusiastic, warm, talkative, friendly and highly, highly responsive. He made our evening. For instance, I ordered a house chianti. He poured a bit for me to taste, but I didn't like it. So he swiftly scooped away the glass, and came back with a new glass and a different type of chianti for me to try; this one was delicious!! The woman waitress is nondescript and not particularly responsive - I would ask her for things, she wouldn't respond, I would then motion to the guy who would immediately respond with an enthusiastic smile! We had to wait about 10 min for our check - he apologized and gave us a lemoncello on the house. Very nice!! So, in summary, ambiance and food are great. The waitstaff is mixed - with a really special male waiter (I think co-owner) and a not-so-special female waitress. All-in-all, I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank BenW_10
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a very interesting place with arched high ceiling, low light and interesting minimal decoration. It has a lively and cheerful atmosphere with good jazz music. The staff is very polite and pleasantly helpful. The food was very good. The "Burrata" (a mozarella cheese filled with cream) served with hams was delicious and the gnocchi were great too. Prices were normal for the quality offered. Certainly worth a try !!!