“Money is the priority for them...” 1 of 5 bubbles

and up
Small-Group Florence Food Walking Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Have fun gliding through the timeless streets of the Renaissance pearl called Florence and discover all her wonders on the coolest ride of the 21st century!The Segway Experience is super fun for families, individuals, couples and small groups who want to discover Florence from a new perspective. Don’t spend your time walking around, we'll bring you the most important and interesting sights of the city in only 3 hours.
Ankara
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Money is the priority for them...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had several beautiful segway tours all around the world (Munich, Los Angeles...), but a prepayment was NOT required in any of them. In order to receive a ten percent deal you have to write on their facebook page. Thats ok, but they don't have the option to pay the reduced amount. They force you to pay in advance. That's what I wanted to do; pay in person, cash, by getting to their office three day before the planned tour. The office was closed at 3 pm in the afternoon! I left a message on the door for them to call me when they reopen. No one called, so I called back at 5 pm. The lady said she has an emergency so she has to go and she can not wait. I said ok, I will pay on tour date. She was pushing me to pay by paypal. I said I will definetly come. We arrived on the tour date at nine o'clock. The lady said: we had to prepay to book the your. :( What a terrible experience... Never again, with them. Money is their priority...

1 Thank neomka
Claudio C, Guest Relations Manager at Italy Segway Tours, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I am very sorry if our payment policies have not been of any help to book your tour. Luckily they work out fine for all the rest of our more than happy customers. As per the lack of employees in our office, that is due to the fact that our guides go on tours and leave all the booking formalities to an office which is not were you have been and found no one. That was our meeting and starting point. Paypal payment system that we use happens to be the safest, most trusted and used online payment system. We are sorry if even this was not as you wished. Prepayment for any activity is mandatory to ensure enough time to organize at the best all of our tours. The only reason we ask prepayment is to allow us to give to all customers the outstanding service we are proud to deliver daily. I really hope to have another occasion to share one of our tours with you, showing you the best way to enjoy modern tourism which is the way we do it.

• Hebrew first
Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“In Florence with kids? This is the way to get an overview tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were looking to add something different to our itinerary to break the museum/church visits for our kids, age 12 and 13. This was the perfect option. The kids picked up the ability to ride these segways in about 5 minutes. The combination of Segway rides between site visits kept our 3 hour tour fun and the kids engaged. Highly recommended, especially for families with tween and teens.
If you only have a couple of days, start with this tour to get an overview of the city, then spend the remaining time going inside your favorite churches/museums/ markets.

Claudio C, Guest Relations Manager at Italy Segway Tours, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
tons of family fun guaranteed!!! Thanks for your very nice review ! I will be more than honored to have you all join back soon for another big chunk of family fun!!! seee yaaa, marCO (:
Tumbulgum, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Ratings don't go high enough!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had the most amazing half day whizzing around Florence on our Segways! You cannot come to Florence without seeing the sights via Segway. The staff at Italy Segway Tours are so friendly, professional and knowledgeable. After a short orientation video and a practical demonstration, you are able to practice using the Segway before you head off. My husband and I are Australians and at first it was looking like it would be just us, but after a short time another Australian couple arrived and it was fantastic. I had my GoPro on and filmed quite a bit of the tour - can't wait to edit it with music!! The ONLY thing that was a problem was trying to find their location - use the map I have attached - it is the best way to find them. Segways are very safe and easy to use, so much so that we are considering where our next Segway tour will take place...Dublin? Rome? Paris?

Visited March 2013
come visit us in rome, pisa or milan! our network covers the most important art cities and always includes in all tours loads of fun!!! Please share the gopro video as soon as you have it online... I would love it... i'm sure!!! ciao for now and thanks again for having been part of the fun! ciao, maRcO (:
Trondheim, Norway
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The weather was bad, our guide Federica was amazing. She showed us the most interesting parts of the city, gave tips and recommendations about restaurants and bars and told us funny stories. The bike tour lasted for three hours but they just went by in a blink. Since it was cold we got a hot cacao / coffee to warm up for the rest of the tour. We really enjoyed it. The bikes are in a good condition and every participant gets a small headset to have the guide directly "inside the ear". To wear helmets is voluntary.

Visited February 2013
Claudio C, Guest Relations Manager at Italy Segway Tours, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
we are trying to do agreements with the person in charge of the rain over florence to avoid it during all of our tours... I will keep you updated as soon as he answers my call!!! I am happy we managed to enjoy time spent together even if weather didn't help. ciao ciao FeDerIcA (:
Little Egg Harbor NJ
“Had a great time on the segway! Just do it-”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

All I can say is--just do it--you will have a blast. It's really easy and fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and the tour guide was fantastic. A pleasant stop on our tour of Florence was to a cafe for a cappuccino break, included in the price or the tour, which was very nice. I would definitely do this again and plan on seeking out the Segway tours in other places I plan on visiting in Europe and the US.

I was leery of traveling on the segway at first as I have two left feet and no sense of direction but I found the machine very easy to control. What a great way of seeing a city!

I can't recommend this enough!

Visited February 2013
Claudio C, Guest Relations Manager at Italy Segway Tours, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Just do it.... and you did it!!!! I am glad all was fun and the coffee was good too. Coffee breaks are a some sort of a ritual for us....(:
Ciao and see you soon on the super fun XXI century chariot... marco :-)