“Superb food!”

Ranked #357 of 2,790 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Description: Cucina mediterranea, girarrosto, brace di legna, adatto alle famiglie, pranzi di lavoro. Bistecca alla Fiorentina, tagliate di manzo e tanto altro.
Reviewed July 21, 2017

I love visiting Italy for the food as much as anything else; in Florence, it can sometimes be a challenge to find a good/authentic place, but I stumbled upon this place during the lunch period, and gave it a chance; I was not disappointed - the food was outstanding, and the service attentive, in spite of the place being full, with several large parties celebrating. I had the house white wine (quite nice), a dish of Florentine-style beans (very subtly flavorful - black pepper primarily, and cooked to the right consistency), and a really wonderful mushroom pasta; the flavors in the latter were just amazing, and I savored every bite.

Date of visit: June 2017
Write a reviewReviews (2,125)

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Good value for money at this restaurant compared to others we had eaten at. We shared starters, I had steak served how I like it... others in party all enjoyed theirs. Bill came to €130 for a party of 5 including wine which was very reasonable in Florence...

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

This is the 2nd time we have eaten here. The first time we were in a front room which was quiet roomy and airy. This time we found out there are a lot of inner rooms and the place is much larger than it looks from the outside. The service was good and the food was tasty. I cannot fault that. But in these inner rooms the music playing was heavy rock music not what was in keeping with the place at all , very off putting. But worst of all it got very hot and uncomfortable with no fresh air at all. So much I really couldnt wait to get out. For this reason there won't be a 3rd visit I am sorry to say

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Ginny H
Reviewed July 4, 2017

This is a very large busy restaurant (it doesn't seem large from outside but there are many small rooms) that specializes in grilled food. The waiter was busy and in a rush to serve us and get us out the door. The food was average and the portions (rabbit / chicken) were smaller than at other restaurants. We ate and left. Not an exciting dining experience. There are much better restaurants in the area.

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

Delicious food! Great florentine steak and fresh pasta
Great introduction to Tuscan
Food. The only complaint was lack of air conditioning on a very very hot and humid night.