“First Night”

Ranked #357 of 2,790 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Description: Cucina mediterranea, girarrosto, brace di legna, adatto alle famiglie, pranzi di lavoro. Bistecca alla Fiorentina, tagliate di manzo e tanto altro.
Reviewed October 19, 2016

We asked the receptionist at our hotel for a recommendation and she recommend La Spada as a place where she and her father go. Although this was a Thursday evening and we had no reservation we were lucky to get a table as by 8/8.30 the place was completely full and not just tourists. we opted for Antipasto Della Casa, Tortellini alla Medici, Vitello tonnato and a bottle of wine(we did nothing but walk all week). Dishes were presented well and could not complain about taste. However, it was a little overpriced. As we left we were asked by another couple about the restaurant and we recommended it - they recommended Osteria Pastella, which we did visit later. I would recommend a reservation if possible.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,125)

Reviewed October 19, 2016

My husband and I were so taken by this restaurant we ate there every night we were in Florence!!!!! The Bistecca Fiorentina was superb.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

This was one of the best restaurants we went to in Florence. We ordered the bistecca to shared between two of us. It was cooked perfectly and was massive!! We also ordered potatoes and beans to go with it. Great service, would recommend

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 5, 2016

I never send food back but the lasagne served to me in a small bowl looked like soup. Their excuse was that's what happens when it's made fresh. I don't think so and I know so! The replacement roasted chicken dish was so dry I couldn't eat it. My 2 other friends ordered a pasta trio and meat trio. The pasta dishes were OK but the meats were dry and overcooked.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

And very friendly staff. Good pasta al dente too. Don't be afraid to ask for suggestions, they are honest.

Date of visit: October 2016