“Best meal in Italia”
Review of Il Cantinone

Il Cantinone
Ranked #529 of 2,712 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Astoria, New York
“Best meal in Italia”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

After traveling for a week and a half, my friend and I wrapped up our vacation in Florence. We stumbled on this spot while walking around in Oltrarno, and while we couldn't be seated right away the staff offered us a reservation for an hour later. The friendly staff recognized us immediately, greeted us warmly, and made great suggestions for wine to accompany our food. We loved our ravioli with fig and walnut sauce, and the chef's recommended stewed beef in a tomato and pepper sauce. The friendly service continued throughout the night, with jokes from our waiter and free apertivos to end our meal. We were so pleased with everything we returned again the next night and were not let down the second time around! Il Cantinone was our favorite restaurant from our whole trip!

• Visited September 2012

• Finnish first
Irvine, California
“Delizioso”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I always have ti stop into my favorite ristoranti in Florence and enjoy a scrumptious meal!!! I was surprised by Chef Michele with an out of this world pasta "pineapple with salmon" that was mouthwatering to say the least!!!! I was beyond pleasantly surprised with the flavor combo. It's my new Favorite!!!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Florentine”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place is very typical Florentine, from the wines, to the antipasti. thumbs UP!!

• Visited July 2012
Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tuscan Warmth”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stumbled, almost literally, upon this basement find when our group of 8 could not get a reservation anywhere the Oltrarno side of Florence. The staff started off as a bit aloof but answered our numerous cuisine questions with passion and reminded us we were eating TUSCAN not Italian food. Great atmosphere and good food & wine. I'd return on my next visit.

Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, warmest people”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Just over on the south side of the river across the santo spirito bridge, I ate here for lunch and dinner almost every day while I lived in Florence for 4 months this year. The food is amazing and the menu often has florentine specialty dishes. But what makes the restaurant great is the friendly staff. They make customers feel like family and that, along with exceptional value for the quality and portions of food, is why they get so many people coming back to eat there again and again. I love il cantinone! 5 stars

1 Thank DanAnthony