“Fancy espresso, appertivo bar and bakery”
Review of Le Scuderie

Le Scuderie
Ranked #155 of 220 Dessert in Florence
Neighborhood: Duomo
Neighborhood: Duomo
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Sounds like a strange combination, but it works perfectly. You pick out the pastry you'd like to go with your espresso, then drink it standing at the bar. Then late in the afternoon, after trouncing around the sights of the center of Florence, you can return for a glass of wine or cocktail (Appertivo/Happy Hour) They also sell beautifully wrapped confectioneries, if you want to pick up something special for a gift.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stopped here early Sunday morning as the city was only slowly waking up. Ordered an espresso and a pastry at the bar and stood surrounded only by a few locals. The Barista takes his job very seriously and each drink is made to perfection.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This cafe´is the equivalent to Gamberini in Bologna, the embodiment of tradition and style, classy wood boarding, beautiful decoration and traditional dressed staff makes you feel like in the ancient times. You have to pay first at the cash point (it causes confusion for tourists) and get your pastry at the pastry counter, than your coffee at the coffee bar (not knowing that makes you feel being fooled and pushed around). If you take your cappucino at the bar (al banco), you pay the same 1,50 euro like everywhere.

Beside the exellent cappucino and the decent pastry you get a wonderful view: You´re standing right in front of the Duomo!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Yes, it's expensive, but worth it! We chose to sit and gladly paid the extra euro. They have some miniatures, so we were able to select an assortment.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I had really been enjoying our trip to Florence until our experience with this place. We walked up to the display and picked out the pastries that we wanted to eat. We sat down and enjoyed the pastries and then got our bill. The prices were shown next to each item in the display but the prices were different on the bill. For example. My wife had a little pastry that was $5 euros and I had a little cheesecake that was $5 euros but the bill said $8 euros for each one. When I asked about the discrepancy I was told it was because we sat down to eat the pastries inside instead of taking them with us. All in all we paid (for other items as well) a total of $9 euros additional because we sat down at a table inside. No where did it mention this inside the establishment. I spoke with the manager and he said 'don't cry, everyone pays'. I admit, I do have a short temper especially when I feel like I was robbed, so I dropped the money on the ground intentionally. The pastries weren't anything special. There are numerous pastry shops all around Florence that sell the same items and don't charge you to sit down and eat them.