“Worth visiting, very good wine ”
Review of Trattoria Za Za

Trattoria Za Za
Ranked #216 of 2,850 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Overheard a tourist conversation, and it was featured in a guidebook, so checked it out. Good Italian food, great house wine at a decent price. Rigatoni and eggplant parm excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,045)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We wanted to sit outside but they had a "reserved" sign on the only available table so we agreed to sit inside. But what really made me mad was that they refused to turn off a large screen TV that was positioned directly in front of our table. I did not want to watch it, and nobody else was watching it either, as it was a show about fashion models, but they would not turn it off.

Also the food was mediocre, and while I had come to the conclusion that it was impossible to get bad wine in Italy (every place else we went the house wine was great), this place managed to serve us crummy wine. My daughter's steak was fairly good but pricey. My traditional tomato and bread soup tasted like spaghetti sauce out of a can, and my salad was just okay.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

While this trattoria was recommended by a local the nice but not overly special food was spoilt by endless men selling roses and the obligatory wandering accordion player. The disinterested tourist-oriented staff made this an average experience compared to many better places in Florence

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I received this recommendation from a local, and we were glad we followed up on it! Everything we ordered was delicious! We enjoyed their antipasti spread, truffle risotto, red house wine, fettucini alfredo, and the house specialty steak. My husband is Italian (and is a very picky eater), and he said the fettucini alfredo was the best one he has ever had! We had a great time and would definitely return.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

It's hard to find good authentic cuisine in Florence at a reasonable price with good service if you are a tourist. Lots of ripoffs.

We went to Zaza, and we found all of it!

The place is funky inside - an ingenious mix of old style Italy and modern kitsch. The food was superb. We had a Firoentina (when in Florence...) steak, and potatoes, and I also had a tagliatelle and truffle. Typical tuscan cuisine, and it was all excellent. The menu seemed to have many varied choices, though.. Everyone there seemed to be enjoying there time as much as we were. Service was prompt, courteous and friendly, and decent value.

I would recommend to it any friend asking where to eat in Florence.