“Great recommendation from local market trader”

Trattoria Toscana Gozzi Sergio
Ranked #98 of 2,786 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We met a really friendly and helpful market trader who recommended a great coffee house and this restaurant, which is only open lunchtimes.

We weren't disappointed. We had a really nice lunch, I had fried chicken & rabbit in batter with their homecooked chios (which were really great). My partner had a superbly tasty seafood risotto with thye most tender squid that you will eat.

It's rustic and authentic. it's locally sourced food cooked by Florentine chefs. It's reasonably priced and contrary to the recent bad report, it has proper menu's inside (which makes me think that they didn't get a table because the handwritten one is outside!!).

We had to wait 10 minutes or so for a table but if it's full just put your name on their list and they'll seat you in turn as a table comes free. It's worth waiting.

Definitely a good recommendation that we were grateful for. A genuine Florentine restaurant.

1  Thank jrapeter
There are newer reviews for Trattoria Toscana Gozzi Sergio

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I finally got to eat at this Trattoria after reading the TA reviews, I had the Maiale al Forno (roast pork) and I wasn't disappointed. The meat was roasted with rosemary, garlic and sage and had the most delicious juices at the bottom of the plate . It was moist and tender and very tasty, and the juices were gladly mopped up with what seemed to be home made bread which was still warm and fresh( not something you get too often in Florence Ive noticed)
This place is not fancy but a good honest place to eat. I had the pork a side plate of salad, bread, a glass of house red and an espresso all for 17.5 euro. It's a winner

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Bland, boring food off of a tiny hand written menu. Not worth stopping for. It was over priced and underserved. I would not recommend it!!!

2  Thank FFHale
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stumbled upon this place by chance and we are glad we did. I had the ravioli with truffled mushrooms and a bistecca alla fiorentina and my wife had a soicy penne and also a cutlet of pork. Food was amazing and service was great as well. Recommended.

1  Thank Kris G
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a fantastic lunch spot if you're near the Mercato Centrale. Note that the menu changes daily but you won't be disappointed with any order. The food comes quickly and is very affordable. This place is best if you know a little Italian as English is hard to come bye with most of the staff and no English menus, which makes it more fun.

1  Thank Kymarley