“Nice food with OK service and surroundings”

Trattoria Pallottino
Reserve with
Trattoria Pallottino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,053 of 2,780 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Steakhouse, Grill, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: Typical Tuscan old trattoria born in 1911, just a few steps from Piazza Santa Croce and Piazza Signoria. Rustic, informal, with benches and wooden tables and an open kitchen. Sixty seats in the two internal rooms and the outdoor seating area in the pedestrian zone. Always make a home-style regional cuisine and economical and we specialize in Florentine steak cooked to coal.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We tried this Trattoria on the basis of trip advisor reviews. Although we booked via our hotel in advance, the staff was rather surprised when we arrived and did not give a very friendly impression. We were not able to sit outside, despite the nice weather and the seating inside is fairly uncomfortable given the small chairs and tables with side bars which does not lend itself to folding ones legs underneath it.

The service got a bit better with the time, but overall it was not an amazing experience. The food was fine, but nothing worth writing home about. We definitely don't regret eating here, as it was nice, but not great.

trattoriapallottino, Proprietario at Trattoria Pallottino, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Marci, thank you for choosing our restaurant, do not be surprised to know if it's something negative or positive, but then I read with pleasure that at the end of the evening has been improving. I'm sorry that your vision as a whole has remained on average, but it must have been for you rightly so. However the thing that makes me happy is definitely the place that you do not mind, and then we'll probably have another chance. I always say our table and our chairs are made to Biancaneve and the Seven Dwarfs.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Pallottino

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Highly quality food exceptional taste, nice atmosphere, reasonably priced! Out of the way but deffiantly worth a visit!

Dear customers, thank you for taking this kind review and an equally excellent judgment. Happy holidays to everyone.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This out-of-the-way restaurant gives you a true flavor of Tuscan cooking. Though not everything on the menu which would satisfy an American palette, the things we did enjoy were exceptionally good. For starters we had bruschetta, a Tuscan antipasto, and imported bacon. The bruschetta was excellent. The Tuscan antipasto was quite good but be aware that it does include liver (one of the items I am not a fan of) but for those who do like it, I am sure it was as good as the rest. Our main courses were very good from pastas to chicken. The waitress was very nice and made me laugh. She seemed baffled when we didn't finish items in their entirety. A sign that she believed everything she brought out was very good. We had house wine (which I don't ever do in the US) and was pleasantly surprised on how good it was for the price and how they really filled your wine glass. Good food, good prices, and lovely service - I would happily return.

But how many nice compliments!, Dear friends thank you for choosing our restaurant and having dedicated this beautiful review. I hope to see you again one day. Happy holidays.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hello - even though I'm practically italian, I'll write a review in english since everyone in Florence knows how amazing this place is and I'd rather let tourists know at this point :)

The location is splendid - if you're the cozy kind of person who'd rather feel at home than be a tourist; not many tables but usually way enough to actually go there without reserving - I'd recommend doing it anyway - just to make sure you don't ruin a potentially mind blowing dinner.

I'm a creature of habits and I've found some amazing dishes and can't review on everything - even if I admit going there at least 50 times now.

So here it goes : apetizers are phenomenal - crostini with chicken liver are hands down the best ever had - creamy and tasty! Same goes for the coccoli (fried dough) with stracchino (goey cheese) and prosciutto di Pratomagno (raw ham from Pratomagno - very tasty) - absolutely amazing - when you start eating you will have to take a minute to realize how good the food is. I've also tried the mixed crostini and, as usual, are very good.

Moving on : I usually have pasta and all of them, maybe except the "strascicata" (ragù and cream?) are all VERY good... with one exception : the "carbonara" (bacon, eggs, pepper, pasta).

Nothing prepares you for how incredibly, mindblowing, amazing is the "carbonara".
I have taken in MANY people with different tastes - all agree in saying it's absolutely amazing.

Moving on : bistecca (steak) is obviously very very good and same goes for the dessert, especially the panna cotta - but all are good.

Price? More than decent - I wouldn't say cheap as the apetizers are a little expensive but all in all - VERY good price and AMAZING price for what you get, and that is very large amounts of food, amazing quality.

Did I mention the service is also super? :)

2  Thank Maxell F

Dear Fox, when I read this review I doubt arose of who was writing it and then when you tell me that you were then the fog has dissipated. Never, ever would have thought that after all the coccoli taken, all carbonare eat, all of you ... you could put in writing on Tripadvisor. But I must admit that you have a good writing, now you just have to continue to write reviews or else it looks like we are the only privileged, write again, I will read

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Go because you want to eat at restaurant run by a super nice italian couple. Go because the atmosphere is gentle and warm, because they appreciate your business. The food is better than quite a few other restaurants so no worry there. (if you want michelin stars you don't need to be on trip advisor). It was a definite favorite in Firenze.

trattoriapallottino, Proprietario at Trattoria Pallottino, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Jeff, thanks for taking this wonderful review, you're right, no Michelin stars, no forks on Gamberorosso or hats on L'Espresso. thanks to all those like you who appreciate us for what we are.