“Tasty Traditional Tuscan”

Trattoria Pallottino
Reserve with
Trattoria Pallottino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,307 of 2,703 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Mediterranean, Grill, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Typical Tuscan old trattoria born in 1911, just a few steps from Piazza Santa Croce and Piazza Signoria. Rustic, informal, with benches and wooden tables and an open kitchen. Sixty seats in the two internal rooms and the outdoor seating area in the pedestrian zone. Always make a home-style regional cuisine and economical and we specialize in Florentine steak cooked to coal.
Mazzè, Piemonte, Italy
“Tasty Traditional Tuscan”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband found this place and I thanked him profusely after the meal we had. There was indoor and outdoor seating. Like a lot of trattoria, there are long tables so if you come with a small party (4 or less) be prepared to share your table. My husband is Italian, and we and the other Italian couple there got to keep our table to ourselves, but three different pairs of people got placed together at one table, which was a tad awkward, especially for the two people sitting in the middle! We ordered from the daily special, hand-written menu. We took the Antipasto toscano (fried and blended chicken livers on toasted bread) (EUR 5), Paccheri alla carbonara con carciofi (carbonara pasta with artichoke hearts, EUR 9), Strozzapreti alla crema di noci e pecorino (pasta with walnut cream and abundant grated pecorino, EUR 9), and the Salsiccia toscana con erbe (Tuscan sausage with kale and chard) (EUR 9). Total cost: EUR 45 (with cover charge, water, generous 1/2 liter of red wine, “free” little appetizer brought shortly after we sat down). The meal was a little more expensive than our usual fare, but everything was fresh, delicious, and not overly pricey for what we received and the restaurant’s super-central location.

Tip: We were there in January when it’s cold, so try and get a seat in the side room, away from the door.

• Visited January 2013
trattoriapallottino, Proprietario at Trattoria Pallottino, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear customers, thank you for taking this wonderful review and publishing of fabulous images are always much appreciated by us and contribute very well to describe the experience in our restaurant. Thanks again and hope to see you again.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Best Florentine steak”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We came here and had the Bistecca alla Fiorentina. In short, it is divine, the best we had during our stay. The atmosphere is wonderfully homely, the handwritten menus and the simple furnishings give it a timeless, traditional feel. Have the steak with roast potatoes, they are just as delicious. The house wine is cheap and the perfect accompaniment.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank edthomas
trattoriapallottino, Proprietario at Trattoria Pallottino, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear friends and customers, your review and judgment greatly gratify us, and do not know how much. Scotland has always fascinated me, I hope one day to pass by you can also enjoy your food and drink your beer.
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
“Great place!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went with my family and some other relatives (who live in Florence, but were never there before), and we had a great dinner and spent a great night at this trattoria. The "coccoli fritti con prosciutto" is amazing, and the typical "bistecca alla fiorentina" made our night! Great wine, great service. Highly recommended!!!! Great prices also!!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Santiago R
Thank you dear Santiago, your review is very welcome and especially your judgment against us. Greetings to you in all your family and your family in Florence. I hope to see you again.
Yorkshire
“Not as special as we'd hoped”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We decided to try this trattoria as, based on reviews, it was a good place to get away from the touristy spots and find some traditional fare. On the evening we went there most of the other clientele were Italian, the place has an informal, genuine feel about it and things looked very promising. We were given full menus (including the specials for that day) in both Italian and English, we ordered a pasta dish each and then a main course. The portions of the pasta dishes were quite generous and we both enjoyed what we had (a lasagna and a pappardelle dish). Without much of a break our main courses arrived, I had ordered ossobuco while my partner had ordered fried fish. My partner was still quite full from the pasta so didn't manage to eat much of her dish, and although there wasn't anything wrong with the dish it wasn't that special or even particularly Italian we felt (fried fish served with chips and a salad of green leaves and tomato). My veal was covered in a sauce and served with very smooth mashed potato. The veal was pleasant, as was the sauce, but I can't really say I was savouring every mouthful or blown away by the flavours. We had enjoyed the meal but it hadn't quite lived up to our expectations. In its defence this may be partly because of what we ordered, watching other diners it appeared that most people were not ordering two main dishes each as we had (and the waitress did ask if my partner wanted to take the remainder of her meal away with her). So we came away a little disappointed but would be prepared to give the place another try by ordering differently.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Reviewer1106
trattoriapallottino, Proprietario at Trattoria Pallottino, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear customers, thank you for taking some of your time to write this wonderful review and I say ironically but seriously, partly because what you have written so much out of tune with your judgment and can not figure out why. Anyway, I'm glad you liked and I hope to see you again for another occasion. Happy New Year.
Italy
“I'll not remember the place for its food”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Typical trattoria: two rooms with long wooden tables, that you will share with other customers if the place is crowded, and an open view kitchen. Average prices and average food for, mainly, young people. Not for formal dining, of course. I don’t know if you’ll remember the place for its food. I will not.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ItalyMar
trattoriapallottino, Proprietario at Trattoria Pallottino, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear friends and customers, thank you for taking some of your time to write this wonderful review. It's nice to read how well you describe your experience in our restaurant, the local dishes that you eat, the people who attend. Surely we will always remember you. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.