“Great service and good food!”

Trattoria La Casalinga
Ranked #374 of 2,906 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a great meal at a great price and the service was excellent! We visited a lot of restaurants and this one made us feel like we were locals. Loved our visit and the people.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,471)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant came recommended by a couple of sources. We found the food to be average, and the service to be indifferent.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is my favorite trattoria in Florence. Their food is just excellent. Typical food, nice atmosphere, great service.
First time I visited it in 2012 and I liked everything. Unfortunately, that time we came back next day, but it was closed (on Sunday). When I came back to Florence in September 2012, I was sure that I wanted to come back to Casalinga. We had to wait about 30 min and there was a long queue behind us. My husband does not like to wait for the table and usually he prefers to go to another place, but I insisted to stay and later he was happy that we stayed in Casalinga.
Be ready that their menu is in Italian only. Staff is very racy - they make jokes and you have a feeling like you were invited to the family dinner. Our waitress did not make any notes about the ordered food (the restaurant was full, so I cannot even imagine how she remembered all the orders!), but later there was no mistake in the bill. Professional!))
We had 1 bruchetta al pomodoro, spaghetti pesto, mixed salad, roasted potatoes, pork chop, 1 beer, a bottle of wine, 1 tiramisu and 1 sorbet. And the bill was 50 EUR. Very reasonable!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Food is so average that I really pitied about the visit. It is so unfair in Italy loose your time in bad-food restaurant.
What is more service was horrible. Our group was treated like pigs. We almost served ourselves.
There are so many good places in Florence - do not waste your time & money here.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went here with my husband, and we enjoyed a great meal. We beat the main lunch crowd by going midweek around noon instead of around 1 or 2. We were seated right away without any problems or reservation. We had a delicious bistec a la fiorentina and a wonderful tiramisu. The place has a really lovely, casual ambiance.