“Excellent restaurant in the centre of Florence”
Review of Birreria Centrale

Birreria Centrale
Ranked #140 of 2,722 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent restaurant in the centre of Florence”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you seek an authentic place where good quality Tuscan dishes are served with excellent I recommend this restaurant. There is room inside and it also has a terrace to accommodate the visitors. It is very close to the city centre a couple of minutes of walk from Chiesa Orsanmichele or the Duomo. The service is excellent. Staff is cheerful and very hospitable. If you like late 19th century furniture and decoration, this place definitely has the charm. Their food is very delicious and you can get a perfect treat for a couple from EUR 30-40 including more dishes and drinks. Their gnocci is really tasty. They have a wide variety of Tuscan wines and beers. Especially beers are not too common in Tuscany, so this might be a specialty of this place in Florence.

• Visited August 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bogota, Colombia
“Best beef!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were a bit mono thematic with the whole pasta scene and decided for the Florentine steak, all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Delicious and I am a restauranteur so I am a hard critic.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank mldevis
“A nice relief to have good food! ”
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The food here is delicious! After eating at a tourist trap in Florence for dinner last night my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch here. In August many of the top rated restaurants in Florence are closed and I would definitely recommend this place. Great service too!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must visit!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

This is one of my go-to restaurants when I'm looking to have dinner out or give a friend a recommendation. The quality is always reliable and you can splurge from appetizers to wine and dessert without worrying about the bill. My favorites are the cheese sampler and the pear & gorgonzola gnocchi!

Philadelphia, PA
“Go Elsewhere- Barely edible”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

After many trials and tribulations trying to find somewhere to get dinner, we settled on this restaurant. The waitress was so slow from the moment we sat down. The bread basket was stale and still cost us 3 euros. They ran of the tagliatelle that we wanted. Then, my daughter's raviolis were filled with bad potatoes, the dough was undercooked, and the sauce tasted like it was from Chef Boyardee. My tuna salad was flavorless, boring, and watery. The tomatoes were hard and tuna was tasteless. Overall, we couldn't wait to get out after a bad meal and waiting so long for the food to come out. When I asked for a new napkin, then never came. The man adjacent to me waiting for his check for a good 20 minutes before he just walked himself into the restaurant to ask.

Visited August 2012