“BEST sandwich place in Florence”
Review of All' Antico Vinaio

All' Antico Vinaio
Ranked #56 of 3,083 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: San Giovanni
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This sandwich shop in Florence is a true gem and a must-go restaurant. They have a lot of delicious spreads, like zucchini, sweet pepper, artichoke heart, olive... the list goes on. I ordered a salame sandwich on focaccia bread and pretty much just asked the server to put what he thought I'd like on it... turned out AMAZING. I used the spicy salame, artichoke spread, and house-made pecorino (TO DIE FOR) and it was the best sandwich I ever had. Glass of house wine for 2 euro. Great local stop too. Overall, loved the experience and the food.

Date of visit: October 2012
2  Thank Katypick
Write a ReviewReviews (24,901)

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Packed all day and night. This is a true gem. Food is delicious and the wine is on tap. A great atmosphere too.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm sure there are more than a few sandwich shops on the planet that deserve to have their votes counted, so pardon my voting All'Antico Vinaio to be My Favorite On The Planet. Yes, it's really that wonderful.

The sandwiches are HUGE and really unique and delicious. The employees were over-the-top warm and friendly, handing out samples of goodies from behind the counter for us to try. We asked for a sandwich with salami, cheese and arugula -- and whatever else sounded good according to the sandwich guy -- and he made us great sandwiches which also included roasted eggplant....We asked him to recommend a red wine to go with it, which he did (and which was excellent.) The absurdly large and delicious sandwich was 5 euro.

For anybody visiting who wants a great sandwich, and a great experience, this is a must see.

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The quality of ingredients and the pride the owners have in their food is impossible to miss. I picked a sandwich of slow cooked/cured ham similar to montreal smoked meat and asked for it to be made how they like it. The sandwich did not disappoint and was one of the best I have ever had. Very tender, moist and slightly fatty, with an artichoke paste and some freshly cracked pepper, perfect.
Get there early because of the popularity and the great prices for great food and big portions.

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We arrived thinking that a sandwich bar was not going to be special. Wrong.

Can't miss this place. Follow the line.

These guys make the best sandwich and serve nice wine at very moderate prices. I asked for a roast beef on chiabatta The server created a masterpiece

We will return.