“Still thinking about it years later”
Review of Taste Florence

Taste Florence
Ranked #8 of 137 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Voted Best Food Tour by The Culinary Travel Guide, this is a delicious way to begin your stay in Florence. We are Sommeliers, Culinary Professors, and Licensed Guides- but no worries, you'll have fun while tasting your way through Florence. Join our four hour Taste Florence Food Tour, and taste cheeses, balsamic vinegars, olive oils, antipasti, wine, gelato and several more local specialties. Featured in the Washington Post, The Dallas Morning News, The Toronto Star, The Boston Globe, The Newcastle Herald, on the CBC, on Voice of America, Deutsche Welle and more. Taste Florence with us and get the insider's edge on what to eat and where to find it.
huntington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Still thinking about it years later”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We did this tour back in 2008, I was just thinking about it and wanted to check it out on Trip Advisor to see how much it's grown. It was THE BEST TOUR EVER!!!!!! Toni was AMAZING! I want to go back just for this tour!

Visited April 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The first thing you should do in Florence!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had an amazing tour with Christina. Not only do you taste tons of delicious food, but you also will learn a bunch about all the great products. Our tour was very small (just the two of us), which made it even better, but with a cap of 8 people, it is always manageable. Also, they are happy to customize the items you taste for food preferences. Be sure to do this as early on in your time in Florence as possible - you'll be a much smarter eater afterwards!

Visited February 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Divine Taste of Florence”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have to say this is a great intro to Florence! Madeline our guide was delightful and super helpful. And she really knew her stuff!! She explained things so well and made sure everyone felt included and got us to taste loads of delicious food.I now know more about the different levels of Balsamic vinegar quality than I could have imagined and now know what to look for when buying at home here in NZ. We got taste some amazing prosciutto’s & cold meats in a lovely old norcineria which I could almost live in it was so full of yummy things. We got to , taste divine boiled beef which was beautifully slow cooked in the food markets along with delicious fried octopus and cheeses and olive oils. We finished the tour at a gelateria / chocolate shop with the best gelato I’ve ever had after we’d been on a wine tasting. And I am missing out loads including the lovely bakery.
The tour isn’t remotely taxing except on your stomach – you just need comfy shoes and an empty tummy. They are really well organised, hospitable and cater to everyone. I would highly recommend this as you get to taste a little of everything and the food isn’t touristy – its authentic. Plus it’s a great way to get your bearings round the city and to find places you want to go back to. Thank you to Taste Florence (Toni& Madeline & team for giving me a great start to my Florentine experince.

Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lots of food! Great tour”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wow, you get lots and lots of great tastes on this tour! The guide, Christina, was perfect and seemed to be able to read us very well. There ended up being only four of us on the tour and it was perfect. You sample so much -- prosciutto, cheeses, balsamic vinegars, olive oils, sweet and savory bakery items, sandwiches, gelato, chocolate... I wish I could remember what else, but it's lots of food and completely worth the $. We also had wine with our "private room tastings" at the market and then we went to an osteria where we had prosecco and two bottles of red. Highly, highly recommended.

Visited May 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great guide, great food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very friendly guide and fantastic selection of food to try. We tried a huge variety of balsamic vinegars, cheese, prosciutto. There was also pastry and ice-cream.

Visited July 2012