“First day in Florence - perfect tour!”
Review of Taste Florence

Taste Florence
Ranked #8 of 149 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Voted Best Food Tour by The Culinary Travel Guide, this is a delicious way to begin your stay in Florence. We are Sommeliers, Culinary Professors, and Licensed Guides- but no worries, you'll have fun while tasting your way through Florence. Join our four hour Taste Florence Food Tour, and taste cheeses, balsamic vinegars, olive oils, antipasti, wine, gelato and several more local specialties. Featured in the Washington Post, The Dallas Morning News, The Toronto Star, The Boston Globe, The Newcastle Herald, on the CBC, on Voice of America, Deutsche Welle and more. Taste Florence with us and get the insider's edge on what to eat and where to find it.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We decided to do this tour on our first day in Florence and were really happy we did. Cristina was a wonderful and knowledgable tour guide and very fun to spend the day with. We walked all over florence and got to taste and learn about a lot of different foods. You definitely will not leave this tour feeling hungry. The tour is about four hours long and we would do it again.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"great introduction"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Simply a joyous day of listening to our dear guide describe the glories of bread, pastry, meat, cheese, olive oil, balsamics, and so much more. I brought back what my friends have described as the BEST panettone they have ever tasted, which I would not have known where to find. I had a fabulous boiled beef sandwich which was not anything I would have tried on my own and which I would buy every day if I had access to them here at home. And roasted celery jam is the oddest thing you'll ever put on cheese and great for impressing people with your range of tastes!
A fun time. Dress warm, friends, and prepare to feast.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our family of four adults thoroughly enjoyed our food tour with Cristina in September. We were shown all areas of Italian food, wines, vinegars, the bakery, the butcher, the food and farmer's market and of course, the important gelato choices. Cristina was delightful, helpful and very knowledgable. All were glad we made this food tour a part of our trip and would enjoy a repeat. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I spent four tasty hours touring various shops and markets with Taste Florence as part of a cruise we took in October 2012. Since we had both been to Florence previously we wanted to do something a bit different...and we both love Italian food and wanted to get a local taste of Tuscany. We learned to differentiate the types of Italian hams at the butcher, olive oils and vinegars (a bit TMI on the oils and vinegars), tasted a wide assortment of goodies in one of the outdoor markets (some of the best seafood I've ever tasted), and sipped some of the local wines. All in all a very nice tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I can't rate this experience highly enough. I took the tour in December 2011. The weather was miserable and cold, and this tour was just perfect for the weather ... eating all kinds of yummy food and drinking wine ... it's perfect for winter.

Toni was an exceptional tour guide ... the best tour guide I had in Italy from a few tours with different companies. She was attentive ... she had written down where we were from and our backgrounds and incorporated that into the experience. She was so enthusiastic about the food and wine. She's got good working relationships with the people offering food etc but she didn't pressure anyone into buying their products to get a commission. She was soooo enthusiastic about food ... I think she was a former food critic and is a very interesting conversationalist on all things food-related ... she's clearly a woman who's spent much of her life thinking about food which makes the experience so enriching.

If I had to chose between this tour and one of the other food tours again I'd pick this one just because of Toni.

1  Thank babyabroad