“Dont bother.”
Review of I Toscano - CLOSED

I Toscano
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Food was ok but you can get better for a lower cost. The compulsory surcharge is unjustified as the service is very cold and the atmosphere non-existent. There are so many great restaurants in Florence and this isnt one of them.

1  Thank FLondon

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place was recommended by Hotel Colomba, it did not disappoint us.

In terms of service they started a bit cold and stand offish but were efficient and warmer as the meal progressed. It is a nice place, feels as though it's been there forever, comfortable.
The pesto rocket pasta (with arugula) had beautiful flavors.
The grilled vegetables were the best of our Italian trip.
The steak came on a wooden platter, huge, perfectly grilled with salt and pepper.
It was delightful, and my kids and I shared the same feeling, it was bloody and pink but cooked exactly as it should be.

I would return. 3 people, bottle of wine, 2 pastas, 1 antipasta, 1 steak: $85 euro,
the Tuscan experience: priceless

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Bruschetta was amazing, pica pasta was fresh and full of simple but explosive flavour. Slow cooked beef, fell apart in your mouth and the service was great. All in all, very happy that we stumbled upon the place. Would recommend.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Very pleasant evening in a restaurant where we knew that our daughter had a good choice of gluten free dishes. We were well informed by our host of the gluten free alternatives, although these seemed a little less extensive than suggested in previous reviews. Nonetheless the choice was good and we (coeliac and non coeliacs alike) enjoyed well cooked tasty pasta dishes and desserts.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had lunch at i'Toscano and it was one of the best we ate in Florence.The salad was fresh and so tasteful and I will never forget the "cigar of the house" which is a special recipe of the owner.And the pasta and the risotto....And the cake!Next time if i visit Florence again,I would love to eat dinner at i'Toscano.