“Excellent dining experience!”
Review of Gastone

Gastone
Reserve with
Gastone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #275 of 2,877 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: Looking for something different than the classic T bone steak and pappa al pomodoro? Look no further than Gastone! In a peaceful and cozy atmosphere, in a woody and perfectly climatised room, located in the authentic area of Santa Croce, just a few steps away from the big crowd of the main routes, you have found the typical place where florentines go to have dinner or lunch. Sporting a menu mixing cleverly fish and meat with the typical tuscan flavours and a very good wine list, a stop at Gastone makes up for an experience not to be missed! The restaurant is perfect for both lunch and dinner; while for lunch the menu is a little simpler and faster, having dinner at the Gastone is a good choice whether you want to celebrate your stay in Florence or just have a nice and relaxed dinner.Particular attention go to the freshness of the raw materials, therefore menu changes along with the season; throughout the year whether you prefer vegetables, fish or meat you will always end finding something that suit your taste. Gluten free proposals are available for each course, from starters to main meat or fish dishes and are clearly highlighted in the menu.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I had our first meal in Italy at Gastone at the recommendation of the owner of our hotel, Casa Rovai. It happened to be our 7th anniversary and this was a perfect location to have a celebratory dinner! The decor was modern and cool. The wait staff was friendly and the food delicious. The prices were reasonable. We would absolutely dine here again and recommend it to others!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good food. Hip décor. Perky servers. But not friendly to single diners. The servers must have assumed I wanted to be left absolutely alone because, from the time my initial order was placed in front of me until I eventually asked for my check, I was left alone. To be fair, I could see that they were very attentive to parties of 2 or more. Opportunities to sell me a second glass of wine, a dessert, coffee, all missed by this restaurant. I put my wallet away and went to another restaurant. It was an unnecessarily disheartening experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just happened upon this place while out strolling and was attracted by the non traditional look and menu. While obviously Italian, it stood out as unique in the area

Everything was great. Clams as an appetizer were perfectly done. But it was the pasta that really stood out. Spaghetti with pistachio cream sauce was truly unique and couldn't get enough. Loved the squid ink pasta, too

I travel about 150 days per year for pleasure and food is a centric to the mission. This place stands out. Good value, too. Nice to stumble upon a real sleeper occassionally

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were referred to Gastone by another restaurant down the road and were so happy to have been able to dine there. The service was amazing (waitress as short curly hair, sorry- don't know here name)- she was fantastic! The menu had great variety and the food was cooked to perfection. The veal steak was awesome! The atmosphere was modern without being stuffy. Everything was reasonably priced for being in a larger tourist city like Florence, but I think we were the only non-locals there. We recommended this restaurant multiple times during the remainder of our trip. Thanks again- if we ever return to Florence we will come back here!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We came in here by coincidence because it was raining and we ran into the nearest restaurant. The decor is modern. The menu was surprisingly diverse, and seemed to cater to both tourists and locals (we found both eating there). They had some things we are used to seeing on Southern California menus, like large meal salads with grilled chicken and pine nuts and "hamburger with fries", and they also had traditional Italian items, like ravioli. Everything was of great quality. The hamburger was truly excellent, high-quality meat, large, perfectly cooked and was served without a bun (how we prefer it anyway) with fat fries. My grilled chicken salad was great and my husband's ravioli was also excellent. The waitresses were very nice and spoke very reasonable English and the service was very fast. The owner was also very nice. It was not at all the "assembly line" service or food we experienced in some other restaurants in Florence. We came back for lunch another time during our stay.

1  Thank JazzGirl80